my son is a heroin addict(page 2)

Sunsign73
Sunsign73  
I'm an Advocate

Great job Justin! Keep it up!

03/08/2010 08:40 AM
themmerle
themmerlePosts: 383

Justin: your perspective is SO needed here. You don't hold back and you tell it straight. We ALL need to hear that. You help me keep my eyes open to what Brad may pull...but you also give me a LOT of hope. No wonder your family wanted "the old Justin back"...he is a great guy. Thanks for sharing so much of yourself with us here. Tracy

03/08/2010 10:02 AM
sadmom99
sadmom99  
I'm an Advocate

Justin - I want to say thank you for your honesty and insight to all of this. Being a parent of a heroin addict, it helps me see what did or didn't help you get clean. Its so hard to just let go of my daughter when all I want to do is chase after her and drag her into a rehab or believe her lies.

Please keep posting and hopefully what you read from us, the parents, struggling with our kids will help you also in staying clean.

Stay strong - you definitely give me hope.

03/08/2010 05:35 PM
chiefrocca

i have learned a lot from you parents and family memebers of what i put my family through. I would always say whats the big deal i am only hurting myself. but that was so so wrong thinking i was killing my family. My parents concentrated on me instead of my other brothers until they kicked me out and stopped supporting me. I wouldnt wish this disease or its affects on my worst enemy. thank you for the support.

justin

03/08/2010 07:54 PM
themmerle
themmerlePosts: 383

Ironically, the pain that Brad created in my life was very deep...but the pride I feel in his recovery is helping to heal those wounds. I have my moments of being so full of fear about his (and our) future. But, I do see him taking pride in himself and his recovery and that gives me hope that he WANTS it and will continue to fight to stay clean. Are you in touch with your family now, Justin? While the pain of the past has surely been difficult for them, they must be very proud to know that you are doing well. If you can beat this...you can do ANYTHING. Think of the example that sets for your brothers. Hugs, Tracy

06/13/2010 03:06 PM
Webb

My son is a heroin addict, too. You cannot let him live with you. It will destroy you. I had to change my locks. My son loved H more than me- more than anything. You will never win against heroin unless your son is ready to get help. People don't get help until they are hurting. It is TOUGH LOVE because real love does not work with a drug addict. I will pray for you.

Barb

06/13/2010 03:10 PM
Webb

My son, 30, is in rehab for 1 year. If he ever uses, he will go to Fed. Prison for 2-4 years. He will never survive and I am so scared. What can I do? Is there a lot of hope for a heroin addict? Thank you.

Barb

06/21/2010 08:39 PM
CJ1
CJ1  

my son is a heroin addict too. I understand your pain and confusion and feel the same way. I love my son but I can't go on living with the lying and the using. It is so painful to watch someone you love destroying themselves and taking the rest of us with them.

06/21/2010 08:44 PM
CJ1
CJ1  

Yeah Justin, I am so happy for you. I will keep you in my prayers. You can do it "one day at a time"

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved