MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/20/2012 05:28 PM

I think my daughter has relapsed.(page 2)

mmkay21

hey im a heroin addict in recovery age 21 addicted 6 years. She could be using you wont really know . one thing you can do is look for the sighns.. if she shoots it look at her arms if not go to her house for dinner look at the door handles or where ever she would put her hands the foil leave black resin that gets all over fingers and when using you dont care to ever clean it also her eyes if they are PIN POINT she is high . but dont come out and tell her try to let her come to you. if you need to know anything else just askhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cskq_zGVSZs

02/20/2012 06:01 PM
caden77

Thank you for the great advice. My daughter is 28 now, but started with heroin at 18. You must be a very strong person. I wish you the best with your recovery.

02/20/2012 10:39 PM
tropipalms

As parents we tend to bargain with the addict. Our addicts sobriety needs to be number 1. My son is on suboxone and sleeps all the time also. I know his brain is still healing but it's amazing how his personality changes when he needs xanex. He sure gets his energy back fast trying to hustle up some xanex. Its' amazing to watch him in action. Parent can't take the back seat and keep supporting the addict. We are not saving the addict we are just prolonging their behavior. Are you tired of the Merry Go Round? Do you want to get off the crazy train? If our kids want help we need to tell them "This is what help looks like" and set boundaries. Addicts are smart and selfish. Attend an NA meeting sometime. You will learn a lot. God Bless YOU in your recovery. There are people that care about YOU and what YOU are going through. I pray for a day I can wake up in the morning and not worry about what bumps in the road are ahead of me that day with my addict. I want to wake up happy and say "what am I doing today?" We play a big role in our kids drug use. We need to stop the insanity and take care of ourselves!

02/24/2012 02:14 AM
missinmygrl

Hi- I am also new to this. I'm not even sure if I am writing to anyone or if I am ''in'' a forum, so excuse my lack of computer knowledge. I have read the notes and I am very thankful that I came across this tonite. I too have a 19 year old daughter addicted to heroin, and my heart is literally breaking as we speak... She started on perk 30's, and began shooting up heroin about 11 months ago, so I think.I'm not even sure what what it is I know to be true anymore, all I know is that it hurts soo bad.I stay awake alottt of nites to listen to her breathing, to feel her skin, to check her color, to awaken her every 20-30 minutes as to not let her slip furthur into her abyss.I beg, I yell, I threaten, I make calls to useless mothers to keep their bad daughters away from my beautiful daughter. I am called mental because I care that much, or its my approach that is'nt correct. I speak of glorious days ahead, a bright future where the devil doesn't live within our walls. She says it numbs her. She was raped 2 years ago, and has forever seemed changed. She won't do the work of counseling, she doesn't believe that it 'could work.This one didn't fit'', that one was too old, this one was too perky. Suboxone clinic, methadone treatment, back to suboxone, now onto Naltroxone, waiting for the miricle shot in the ass, '''if''' only she could get the opiates out of her for 10 days she could get the shot. I can't seem to keep her clean for the lousy 10 days, long enough for a chance at Naltroxone.I stopped giving her money. There are older men that don't fit the picture, there is mystery monies that appear. There is a shame within her that has disconnected us. I don't want an emotional death because of my love for her, I fear this, and I hate this. Please Help me somehow.

02/24/2012 04:04 AM
missinmygrl

after reading several letters of a mothers heartache, I have to say I am just plain pissed at this point. I sit here alone at 6 am wondering if the boyfriend even knows if my girl is breathing next to him. The lies, the threats of I can't deal with you not trusting me, 'it doesn't make any sense that I stay clean, you don't trust me anyways, so whats it matter~ You always say I look high, you just don't understand what I've been thru- the anger, the hidden rage, her threats of not wanting to even be alive keeps me paralyized I'm exhausted, I would do anything, and I mean anything to help her, but, my God what has taken place here in our lives, in our hearts.... I am bewilderd as to how it all went down. I feel I have somewhere to come to now. My heart goes out to all that suffer~ us, them, May God be with us each step of the way~Amen and for now good nite & prayers to all.......

02/24/2012 02:32 PM
caden77

I'm very sorry to hear what you're going through. I understand that your daughter won't go to a counselor, but I think it would really help you, esp if you found a therapist who specializes in addiction. That is how I am able to cope (most of the time.) I saw mine this week, and she reminded me that I have to take care of myself before I can help my daughter. When she first admitted to her heroin addiction, it was only because she was arrested. We told her she could not live at home again until she went to rehab. Eventually she went to rehab, and the third time seemed to work. You need to get emotionally stronger yourself. I hope you have family or friends to talk to--that's essential. Keep me posted, and stay strong.

02/24/2012 06:20 PM
missinmygrl

thank you for writing. I read some of your letters last nite and my heart goes out to you and your daughter. Its not easy at all, my heart is constantly full of fear and I stay pretty numb, and alone. My Mom says I need a support system, so I will reach out. I just don't know anyone here so, I live for my girl and I can't seem to recall how I was at that age, so sometimes I wrong woth my thoughts and I end up alone anyways. thanks soo much.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved