MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/15/2012 11:36 AM

I think my daughter has relapsed.

caden77

My daughter was a heroin addict for several years. When she started, she was over 18 and not living at home. While she was an addict, she enrolled in college and made the dean's list for a year. Reality came crashing down on my husband and me when she got arrested, and we were shocked to find out that she was an addict. We hired a good lawyer and she was put on probation. After that, she completed rehab ( it took three tries), re-enrolled in a community college, then was accepted to an ivy league college on scholarship. My husband and I really thought things were great. She did really well the first 18 months, but all of a sudden she decided to withdraw due to "stress". She has only one year left to complete her degree, so we are devastated. I've noticed that when she visits, she sleeps a whole day and night. I know she is very disorganized and can't handle the normal responsibilities of people her age (28). Could she be using heroin again?

02/15/2012 11:46 AM
pattB

VIP Member

Caden77. I do not know if she is using, but I know that it is said an addict can relapses several times before they get it. I am concerned that she is sleeping so much. Can you ask for her to drug test? I am sorry you are going through this. I wish to welcome you and also let you know there is a group called, parents of addicts, this is a wonderful group but so is parents of addicts where you will find many parents wondering the same things. I am sort of busy today but I know if you go there there are women on line who will welcome and support you. Hugs patti

02/15/2012 11:54 AM
caden77

There's no way I can ask about testing now. She has relapsed several times and made some really bad decisions, but I really thought she was in a better place now. Thank you for letting me know about the group. I'll check them out.

02/15/2012 12:03 PM
pattB

VIP Member

Your welcome. Hang in there i know what your going through my daughters Doc is H. It is awful and I so understand the pain of it all.

02/18/2012 03:50 PM
pattB

VIP Member

Canden,

How is your daughter? Are you doing o.k.? Just want you to know I am thinking of you. Patti

02/19/2012 07:40 AM
caden77

Thank you for your thoughtfulness, Patti. I'm just waiting for her to get in touch, so nothing is happening right now.

02/19/2012 02:21 PM
hyeooo

hold on give the Girl a chance she sounds like she depreesed.Ask her if she need help is she on any med's which can make her sleepy.iam a heroin user and i dont sleep all the time if she has relapsed get her the help she needs.Smile

02/19/2012 02:28 PM
caden77

She is on medication for anxiety. I will definitely offer whatever help she needs.

02/20/2012 01:07 PM
hyeooo

by your intrest i now u are doing all for u girl.IS she seeing a person to talk throug her problems.

02/20/2012 01:11 PM
caden77

I hope so--it's hard to get info from her.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved