MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/15/2009 04:39 PM

This post can save your life if you do opiates

KRISSTO

Real quickly, I just want to tell fellow addicts that there is a way to save a life of an overdose victim. My wife OD'd a while back and thinking quickly, I crushed up a Suboxone 8mg tablet and drew it into a needle after filtering it with a cigarette butt. I know that the paramedics will give you a muscle shot of Naloxone but I feared causing an abscess so I found her vein where she shoots up and gave her the shot. 30 seconds later, she came to and was back to normal within an hour. I wasnt sure how long she had been out because I was asleep when she shot up. (Bad idea to get high alone). She was blue and very cold and clammy to the touch though. We live in a place where it takes the paramedics 30 minutes or so to show up but I know that when they come for an opiate OD, the first thing they do is give you around .4mg/ml of Naloxone. The Suboxone has 2 mg in the 8/2mg larger tablets. That means that basically, you only need to use a fifth of a pill and I wouldn't suggest doing a muscle shot unless you can't find a vein very quickly. You could cause an abscess either way though. We went to her doctor immediately after the Naloxone wore off and he told me that I did the best thing that I could have done. I'm looking for more comments from medical professionals mostly and I'm wondering how I can make this common knowledge because many heroin addicts have access to Suboxone whether on the street or from their doctor. I think in extreme situations this method could save many many lives. Would someone help me to spread the word? I don't think the company who makes Suboxone would condone this but it did save my wife and it did it quickly. Had I have waited for the paramedics, she would certainly be dead or severely brain damaged since she wasnt breathing when I woke up. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

01/16/2009 08:09 AM
marstarr
starrgirlPosts: 26

I am so sorry for you and I have myself imagined my husband in that same accident. I'm scared to death that it will happen some day. He must be my himself when he does it cause I never know. I don't think I would even know what to do. So you would only use half of suboxone or would one fourth be ok. What else do you put water on the spoon? I'm clueless cause I don't do heroin or use needles and if I was to call the paramedics I would probably have my kids taken away and go to jail myself!

01/16/2009 09:32 AM
KRISSTO

put a quarter tablet in a spoon and add a little water to it and let it dissolve. draw the orange solution up with a needle through a cigarette butt to filter it. If you can find a vein quickly, then make sure there is no air in the needle and put it in his vein and draw back a little. If you are in the vein, a squib of blood will shoot into the solution. Hold it perfectly still and push the plunger. If you miss, he may get an infection or you may blow out the vein. After this, he should come around. I've only done it the one time so I'm no pro at rescue but you will want him to get medical attention asap. He may get an infection but my wifes doctor just gave her a script for penicillin just in case. You will want to research how to shoot up on the internet before hand. A quarter pill provides just a tiny bit more Naloxone than the paramedics will give but you will want a second one ready in case it isnt enough. IM NOT A DOCTOR. The people at Suboxone would not condone this and I would not guarantee it will work all the time. But it worked for us. Research Naloxone rescue. When someone is hit with Naloxone, they will go into bad withdrawals and may vomit so be sure they dont choke on it. Also, it wears off in 20 minutes to an hour and you will have added more opiates to his blood so he may OD again. You should have medical help or advice by then. The makers of Suboxone are very unhappy with me telling my story because it jeapordizes their profits. I just came out with the story yesterday and I think this will be very big. Some people say I'm stupid but my wife doesn't think so.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved