MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/03/2011 03:54 PM

my husband is a heroine addict

melly416
melly416  

i just need to talk to someone my husband snorts heroine he is an addict we just married in oct. 2010 i love him so much , i work 4 days a week and home 3 days those 3 days he is clean , the other 4 i cant tell wheter he is high or not . he was my first boyfriend 30 yrs ago we broke up and i found him 3 yrs ago i am 48 and he 50 i always loved him . when we hooked up right before he was in a car accident and told me he was taking pain killers i had not a clue he was using for the first 2 years i felt like such an idiot i dont no what to do , i love him so much .

05/03/2011 05:43 PM
Boriley
Boriley  

HI-

If you just neeed someone to talk to you I am here. I am a recovering addict myself and also my boyfriend (who is in jail right now bc of heroin) is recovering. But I have to say if he hadn't went to jail he would probably be dead right now. So I know how it feels to love someone who is on this terrible drug. He was much worse than I was. I am just hoping and praying he will stay clean when he gets out in AUg.

Hugs!!

05/04/2011 08:46 AM
Sunsign73
Sunsign73  
I'm an Advocate

melly416 - My husband is a recovering addict. I understand how hard it is. Sooo many questions....sooo many emotions. You feel lost and don't know what to do or how to act about it. Don't feel like an idiot. Addicts are experts at twisting things around to fit their needs. They can manipulate the best of us. My advice to you....do A LOT of research. Knowledge is power and it WILL come in helpful. Once I started doing research, I learned more and more about the drug, signs/symptoms, affects, etc. His addiction turned my world upside down until I decided I had enough. I made a change for my son and me...and I'm so glad I did. I put us first instead of his addiction. Each person gets to a "turning the corner" point at different times. When you reach the "turning the corner" point, you will KNOW what you need to do and actually do it.

I'm here for you. I understand how it feels, and I can definitely sympathize with you. I know how you don't/can't tell your friends/family, so feel free to vent or ask for advice anytime you want. We do not judge anyone here. We all have one thing in common here....addiction has touched our lives.

05/04/2011 12:12 PM
Boriley
Boriley  

Very well said Sunsign!!

05/04/2011 12:23 PM
melly416
melly416  

guys thank you so much i really need this ! i now this is going to be a slow process and i will try to stay in this marriage has long as i can , i take my vows serious , but on the same token i have to take my life serious thank you all of you for being there ! god bless .

05/04/2011 05:43 PM
Sunsign73
Sunsign73  
I'm an Advocate

I take my vows seriously also. That's why I decided to give my husband another chance. I almost divorced him but wanted to give him a fair chance on proving he could do it...and he did. I believe you do everything you can in a marriage and that divorce is the last option. You are right though...you have to take your life seriously also. You can't lose yourself in their addiction. It is extremely easy to do....I know I did it for awhile. You matter, so take care of yourself! You deserve to be happy.

05/13/2011 04:48 PM
Slingersss
Slingersss  
VIP Member

Keep your eyes open Melly and pay attention to everything. Always believe in your "gut feeling" that is your intuition trying to tell you something. I am not married to an addict but my 24 yr old son is a Heroin IV user, I never used to know what the symptoms and signs were either, now I can spot a "tweeker" in a second. Everyone on here is very wise when they say research and research alot. Here is a National site that I was given by a hospital nurse when my son, was hospitalized. It has a ton of information, and none of the coersion for you to buy anything.... It is helpful and has a cool treatment locator..

http://www.samhsa.gov/

Let us know how things go, have you considered going to a Na or Alanon meeting? They are helpful for people dealing with these issues. Alanon has been really helpful and taught me alot about NOT enabling the addict.. Can go online for information on that too.

Hugs,

Shari

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved