MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/17/2008 08:30 AM

I need answers!!

meliss2777
meliss2777  

My mother was recently arrested on Saturday night. She has been on methadone for many many years and I know recenlty she was using heroin and smoking crack along with the mathadone. i am so scared for her now. Its Wednesday..Is she still very sick or is she slowly feeling better?? I called the jail nurse and told her about my mother's health (she has severe anemia and contracted Hep. C 20 years ago, but i dont think she is on any medication for the Hep.) I read that people with poor health could die while going through a herion withdrawl. i dont think the jail is giving her anyting to help her with the sickness. I am so scared for her. Will she be ok? Do you think the hard part is over? or is it just kicking in?? I am so worried.

09/19/2008 07:35 PM
Chickie
Chickie  

Hi Melissa: Don't know, it depends on the jail, but usually they will put them in the infirmary and give them some kind of anti-seizure med, like Klonopin, but it is still hell going detoxing while you're in jail. I hope she gets the help she needs. It's up to her now, what she wants to do with her life. You are free of her. You are a good daughter and you did the right thing. Be strong, girl! You can do it! Your Mom doesn't need you to enable her, she needs to find her way through this mess by standing on her own 2 feet. Just detach, in love, and keep your eyes on Jesus. Keep going to meetings and try to find a church where you will read the bible and learn about who Jesus is, how much he loves you, where you can get fed and learn how to be strong in Him. I know you can do this, Meliss! I love you, babygirl! Chickie

10/23/2008 07:50 PM
8wands

if your mom is legally being prescribed methadone they usually continue treatment in jail.. guess they prefer medicated junkies than detoxing cold turkey ones. at least that has been my experience in connecticut. hope all works out for you and her.stay strong take it easy. get to an alanon meeting

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved