MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/16/2011 12:11 PM

Dentist?

mommypat6
mommypat6  

I'm having some pain in my tooth, what do you all think about going to the dentist right now, is it ok?

12/16/2011 02:25 PM
kas021560
kas021560  

Check with the nurse at your treating MD's office and if you get an OK, be sure to let your dentist know you are in treatment for hep c. Sorry you're having pain...I hate pain. Smile kas

12/16/2011 04:06 PM
mommypat6
mommypat6  

LOL, me too. Thanks I will check and see if it's ok or not.

mommypat6

12/17/2011 02:11 PM
crustysprite
crustysprite  

Especially tooth pain, although foot pain is a runner up. Damn, we take these body parts for granted, until they shout!

12/18/2011 06:27 AM
mommypat6
mommypat6  

So true!

12/25/2011 05:50 AM
sleepy

If you have the money then yes take care of your teeth.

Yesterday I spent the entire day and night in OMG I hate my life pain.

My furthest back molar second half finally loosened enough to take out,

but not before giving me a few more hours of pain.

Even though most of my tooth is gone there is still some jagged edges in the socket that are giving me a little grief plus a mostly empty socket that hurts when food gets impacted with every bite...

If you are concerned about pain drugs, and they want to give you Vicodin (acetaminophen and hydrocodone).

Ask for something with a lesser dose of acetaminophen. Most vicodin brands have 500mg acetaminophen with 5mg of hydrocodone.

Norco has 325mg acetaminophen which probably doesn't seem like a major reduction, but over a time it adds up.

ask for norco 7.5/325 which you can break in half really easy which is a safe dose of both drugs.

12/27/2011 05:05 AM
mommypat6
mommypat6  

thanks, I was worried if my dentist would even want to treat me with the Hep C, but he was fine with it. I need to have my wisdom tooth pulled right now I'm on antibiotics and waiting for my insurance to approve it, but everything is going alright with my tooth, thanks.

mommypat6

12/28/2011 07:22 PM
BettyFreak
BettyFreak  

Most dentists will take you. As long as you are revealing all your medical history. I have never run into the problem of a dentist not wanting to take as a patient. They should be taking universal precations anyways. That is why when you go tot he dentist everything is now covered in removeable throw away plastic.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved