MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/23/2009 03:23 PM

Wonder Why?

Sugar1

We are finding out that some people opt to never go on tx for Hep C. Why? Is it because of the side effects? Or because the virus hasn't presented serious liver problems?

My husband just tested positive and we were both wondering about this. We know one man in our community that says he's had Hec C for years and only takes some kinds of vitamins.

Linda

11/23/2009 03:57 PM
BettyFreak
BettyFreak  

That is really a decision for your husband and The Dr. I was put on Tx, with in months of being diagnosed and after my liver biopsy. I had a viral load of over 4 mil, stage 2 and GenoType is 1b. Some stay away from Tx, due to the side effects. I don't know what the other reasons others would have, for not doing Tx. I think the benifits out way the side effects. I can extend my life with Tx.

11/24/2009 05:10 AM
Sugar1

This is such a strange virus. My husband will definitely do what the doctors tell him to protect his health.

It just seems so weird that some would not do anything.

Linda

02/17/2010 03:03 AM
Gidgetgirl
Gidgetgirl  

Most people opt out of tx for hepc because of the bad side effects. i completed my tx in 06 and i am still virus free today. would I go thru it again? NOSilly

02/23/2010 04:19 PM
onaughmae

I have talked to people that hold off on treatment for a few reasons. You know the damage is usually slow to progress and in someone with very little damage they may opt to wait for treatment until some of the newer treatments with less side effects come out. I think a lot of it depends on your genotype and what your biopsy shows.

Cheers

Pam

03/09/2010 06:02 PM
MLTexas

I never did anything because of being divorced, having to work, and no insurance. I now, because of my age, am on Medicare and a Medicare supplemental policy, but possibly have progressed to early Cirhosis and 2 masses in my liver which don't look good. I'll find out soon. Not everyone can afford the expensive treatments.

03/09/2010 06:10 PM
eif
eif  

I tried the treatment and didnt finish. I dont know if you can take milk thistle but here is a site for you.

http://allnutritionals.com/natural-products/milk-thistle- silybum-marianum-silymarin.php

And another one

http://allnutritionals.com/natural-products/milk-thistle- silybum-marianum-silymarin.php

03/09/2010 06:11 PM
eif
eif  

woops sent you the same site twice

http://janis7hepc.com/Nutrition/ milk_thistle_the_hep_c_miracle_h.htm#mircl

This is the other one

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved