MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/02/2012 07:05 PM

Ring, whir, click, bump!

IronCelt

It must be time for a phlebotomy . . . I can hear ringing and clicking in one ear and am getting all sorts of different heart rhythms, with numerous episodes per day. It's been so long since I've had a phlebotomy that I had forgotten all of the little signals.

03/03/2012 02:34 PM
OrchidFlower
OrchidFlower  

I can tell it is time for me to have one, too. I notice similar signs. And every joint in my body hurts lately (winter does not help) and I am so tired all the time.

My last treatment was in October, that is the longest I have been able to go between them. When was your last one??

03/06/2012 03:47 PM
IronCelt

Wow, I think my last one was summer 2010--or maybe even 2009? Every time I'd get back a blood test showing my ferritin approaching the magic number (50), I'd cut out everything iron-y from my diet. Lucky for me every month I've been getting a major "natural" phlebotomy of the type I didn't have when young.

03/08/2012 02:29 PM
OrchidFlower
OrchidFlower  

Wish I could go that long in between. I need one every few months. Despite a low iron diet,(no red meat, bread, cereal) I still suck up all available iron that gets anywhere near me. I swear, my ferritin number goes up just watching someone eat a steak. LOL

03/11/2012 04:22 PM
IronCelt

Yikes. I'm not sure what my issue is. My brother has to get a phlebotomy practically every month. But then again, I've seen him eat. . . .

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved