MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/07/2012 06:47 PM

What causes ear(s) to pop!

anthonysrvll

I have been dealing with my right ear poping for almost 3 weeks now! I have had my ear(s) pop before, but not on a regular basis, and aleast 15 times a day.

I had ear problem since I blew both of them in the US Army in 1995, and haven't had this before!

Any help is encouraged!

Thanks,

Tony

04/07/2012 08:06 PM
Nadezda83
Nadezda83  

Anthony, do you have any hearing at all? The reason I ask, a few days before I lost my hearing, I had horrible cracking and popping in both my ears. After talking to my audiologist, he told me that was a sign of coming close to losing my hearing completely.

Also, after researching and reviewing my work from college, I have found a few reasons why this might happen: allergies, weather change (pressure in the environment), or Eustachian tube problems. I would suggest contacting an audiologist or an ENT for further information. You never know if it is a serious problem.

04/07/2012 10:32 PM
anthonysrvll

Thanks Nadezda83! I have some hearing in the right ear, I don't have a hearing fitted for that ear because of prior ongoing problems! I'll call my ENT monday, and see if I can get in! It's just weird that it a all of a sudden thing, and it has been happening daily!

Thanks for your input!

Tony

05/04/2012 06:32 AM
BobEdwards

There are many reasons why your ears could be popping

It is caused by a your ear equalising the pressure inside and outside of the ear.

This can be caused by something as simple as a cold but could be a much more serious infection.

The common cure to stop popping is to hold your nose and blow hard but this can result in more damage as what ever is blocking the ear can be blown into hardful areas.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved