MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/24/2010 11:58 PM

Newbie to this group

Mik
MikPosts: 143

Thought I would join cuz I like to talk about sex. truth be know I think about it all the time. I couldnt decide If I should join the sex addiction group or this one. LOL I feel healthy sex is is well healthy, and we should be able to talk about it maturely, and respectfully. Is this the right group for me? I dont want to offend anyone.

04/25/2010 10:17 AM
Gen1975
Gen1975  

LOL Nothing wrong with talking about sex it's when it turns into an addiction and or obsession is when it becomes a problem. I actually thought this would be a more active group but I think we are all just shy lol

Post edited by: Gen1975, at: 04/25/2010 09:39 PM

04/25/2010 10:23 AM
HiddenButterfly
HiddenButterfly  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

As long as it is healthy, then it is alright. There are differences in how people define healthy, so how do you define healthy sex? I define it as sexual activity between two consenting adults That takes proper percautions. Safe sex is healthy sex.

Brenda

04/26/2010 06:52 PM
Mik

I define it the same way. Definitely Consenting, and safety is important for sure.....especially these days. Ok before I actually have sex I MUST give oral sex. I cannot hardly get off if I dont. It just makes everything feel better, and sets the tone for the rest of it. Ok this is an example of what I would like to talk about is it ok or is this not what the group is intended for?

Mik

04/26/2010 07:38 PM
HiddenButterfly
HiddenButterfly  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I see no problem with speaking of our likes and dislikes, fettishes, and reasons why. I think this is all part of exploring a healthy sexuality.

According to Patrick Carnes, the acknowleedged leader in the treatment of compulsive sexual behavior, there are distinct charateristics of "sex addicts".

They have a pattern of out of control sexual behavior.

THey continue in that pattern even thogh it is destroying their lives.

They will often persue dangerous or high risk sex.

They are sexual even when they do not intend to be.

They have erious life consequences because of their sexual behavior.

Their sexual behavior affects their work,hobbies, friends and family.

They use sex to control their moods and manage stress and anxiety.

They obsess about sexual things so much that it interferes with normal living.

They may have periods when they extinguish all sexual behavior and become sex adversive.

Brenda

04/26/2010 08:06 PM
Mik

Cool only half them statments pertain to me! JK.

Be back soon

04/26/2010 08:36 PM
HiddenButterfly
HiddenButterfly  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

You could try using Link It might provide some additoinal insights.

Brenda

Post edited by: HiddenButterfly, at: 04/26/2010 08:55 PM

05/06/2010 07:13 PM
poliarci

Welcome Mik, sometimes personal preferences between partners happens, then what do you do?

05/06/2010 07:19 PM
HiddenButterfly
HiddenButterfly  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

You do as my hubby and I, compromize. Any good relationship is full of give and take.

Brenda

05/07/2010 02:48 PM
Mik

Personal preferences between partners happen? If I understand this right......Whatever the woman prefers is cool with me. I aim to please, I have learned you get more this way. lol. Sex is like fishing when its good its really good and when its bad its still pretty damn good.

Post edited by: Mik, at: 05/07/2010 02:50 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved