MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/26/2012 06:08 PM

First Date after 'break' from gf

AgGhost1
AgGhost1Posts: 239

I actually went out on a real date Saturday night with a girl I met. It's the first time I met anyone else since my gf (ex) and I took a 'break' from each other. This girl is beautiful, and we got along great and even made out in the car at the end of the night. After 3 yrs with my ex I finally am seeing what I'm missing. What I could feel like....it's so much different having a woman want me, and desire me, and like who I am, and compliment me...I love my ex but she just couldn't show affection very well, and she almost never kissed me...I had to literally ask her every time if I wanted a kiss, and often she would turn her head away...I didn't do anything to deserve that treatment. I treated her so good and her kids so good..., and she still drifted from me, and didn't show me the affection I desired. I felt ugly to her, and unattractive. Like I didn't make her happy no matter what I did for her. It hurt my self esteem a bit.

Now this new woman is hitting on me hard...she's beautiful, she has her Masters degree, she compliments me and makes me feel important to her....she drove to ME for the date. My ex never came to see me...I always had to go to her. It's those small differences that make a big impression. I'm not sure if this new girl is what I need but my ex told me to explore my options during this break, so I'm going to....I don't even know if she wants me romantically anyway. She's too confused about her own emotions..

I'm not sure what I'd do if my ex wanted to get back together, or if I should tell her that I'm trying to date liek she wanted me to.

All this is written out in more detail in my diaries.

02/27/2012 04:25 AM
2steveb
2steveb  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

one thing life has tought me is some woman say the oposit of what they mean? 'go look around', 'you been looking proves you dont think much of me'? my moto? 1 life, live it, 'do unto others as- - - - '.

if your moving in the right direction in all aspects keep moving dont look back at 'ahhh but what if'.

hope thats of help what you think?

02/27/2012 04:12 PM
AgGhost1
AgGhost1Posts: 239

My ex doesn't even know what her own feelings are at this point, so I don't have any chance at all of dissecting what she really means...I've been fortunate though that she's been fairly strait forward.....it's been over 6 weeks since we took this break, and she hasn't shown much sign of wanting me back romantically yet. I figure if she wants me she better let me know. I already put my heart out there for her and I only got silence back....it's her turn to be vulnerable, because I've said all I had to. It's in her hands.

This girl I met up with is someone that I want to get to know...she's a good person, and I'm not going to brush her off due to waiting for my ex to 'Decide she wants me again'. I never forced her to leave, or get distant. She chose it....I still care about her but for right now I'm not worrying about what she thinks. I've put her first for everything in our relationship. It's time for me to do something that makes me feel good for a change.....My feelings fluctuate on these issues at times, but I really can't let myself harp on them...Believe me, I've asked 'What If' too many times....I did all I could I feel.

02/28/2012 02:19 AM
2steveb
2steveb  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

sounds like you answered your own question there my friend- go for it- gently gently and enjoy 'feeling good' with her. lifes to short to live with i wonder why, what ifs and well if i---

what you recon?

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved