MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/24/2010 07:04 AM

Waxing Poetic

sharone
sharone  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I WANT to say that steve aka Christopher/george/jimmy stewart and I have been waxing poetic behind the scenes but that would be totally misrepresenting the facts, unfortunately. Tongue

But I DID ask steve about poetry writing and received a lovely response from him that we've agreed should be posted for the benefit of all. Hope you all enjoy it:

poetry, im not a big reader of it but when i read some keats poetry i realised the beauty of the english language befor it got shorterned and abused over the years. from that i realised there are so many ways of expresing yourself ie steel, the metal, a chemist would discribe it as a foundation for magnatism, an iron munger would discribe it as a material to mold from. so many things to so many people hold different values and discriptions. hence it lead me to realise that this was a way to discribe your personal feelings, once out on paper there out of your head. once you read it back and realise the poetic form you turned an angre/disapointment/ upset into it becomes a thing of beauty that you can either keep or throw away never to bother you again because you took controll of it and turned it into something else.

11/24/2010 07:26 AM
2steveb
2steveb  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

thanks sharone, good intro i hope its of use to you who read

11/24/2010 07:48 AM
patty777

So shall we try an amateur poetry corner???

tiny heart

11/24/2010 08:08 AM
2steveb
2steveb  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

i think that would be a very good idea, i think by now youve all read some of my poetry in other threads but heres a silly to get us started;

Back to back they faced each other, drew there swords and shot each other

i moved away to air to caution but found a fright it caused distortion

so i shot an arrow in the air yet i know not where it landeth

i loose all my arrows like that????????

Whistling Whistling

Post edited by: 2steveb, at: 11/24/2010 09:13 AM

11/24/2010 12:17 PM
sharone
sharone  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

That was just plain fun. patty, can you do that? I seriously wouldn't know how to begin and where to go even if I did begin. but, steve,

you've offered to lead in thinking poetic

unfortunately my struggling mind wouldn't let

the twisted, the gnarled, the repressed, the canned,

the tormented numerous places I've been come out in a form that is easy to follow.

so instead i continue to journal

afraid of the what happens when taking the plunge,

afraid of the sheer cliffs

afraid of the height

afraid that in trying I may actually find

I've soared to new heights

I never imagined outside and inside

but, I've just opened that door. Haven't I?

THANK YOU steve! for being a poet.

11/24/2010 12:27 PM
2steveb
2steveb  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

and that my dear, was damm good for someone who claims not to be poetic, you have just expressed and released your frustrations of being restricted, from here you can move on to stronger hights, go for it girl. what say you????? next verse

Post edited by: 2steveb, at: 11/24/2010 12:28 PM

11/24/2010 12:33 PM
sharone
sharone  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I don't know where it came from. Do you know what i mean? I mean honestly, I'm not sure how it got there so how to go to the next place is...woah, unclear! i think you may be my guru/my guide.and maybe for others, too, I'd suspect. will you do a poetry corner like you mentioned? is that possible? I feel like somethings shaking loose that as there all along.

11/24/2010 12:45 PM
2steveb
2steveb  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

verse 2;

so now im out, i cannot be held back;

im flying high, youl not find MY track, as im to fast for you, you who held me back so----------

ill tell you where it came from, your subconscious thats where we all hide our problems and why we can never get hold of them to get rid of them. Poetry uses that 'imaginative' side of our brains. I say sky-you give me a colour?? BAM youve just seen blue, i mention the name of an ex who punched you BAM- you just seen him do it. this poetry starts with an image. what bothers you most in relationships-BAM-write that down, then start to play with rhyming words--DONT THINK ABOUT THE TOPIC---you will die of shock when you finish your verse.

(challenge)

I put it to you sharone that from childhood you have strugled to express yourself and to be given the time and attention to do so, from there it has led you to be a quiet shy girl, who has had to duck and dive your way through life trying to keep the piece. now tell me im wrong poeticly.?

Post edited by: 2steveb, at: 11/24/2010 01:50 PM

11/24/2010 03:20 PM
sharone
sharone  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I'm chuckling.

You're right, of course,

it's been repressed by more than just the opposite sex

as women we have roles to play.

we're squeezed within a little box

it's not just men who keep us down,

our mothers do who wear the frown

of wanting more than what they have

and then in turn we do the same,

torture ourselves, take on the blame

and live forever unfulfilled

although its all within our grasp.

the compass,

now its very clear

is buried deep within ourselves.

When its time and the time is now,

the compass guides us all somehow

internally without the fear

follow the compass,

it leads one there.

I'm loving this but I feel its talking through you, steve, as if its got a focus, as if you're drawing it out rather than its coming from me. is that okay in the beginning?

oh and I'm not exactly what one would call quiet or shy. Laughing I'm pretty outspoken anytime I feel the need and I do frequently enough. Smile I'm certainly not a party girl, tho. Def introverted but not the same as quiet or shy. introvert, then, okay? and not in the negative.

repress ourselves in the same vein

11/24/2010 04:58 PM
patty777

Sharon...your words are my life..I wonder how many woman you just spoke for....you do have great talent...

Patty

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved