MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/02/2010 08:11 AM

best ever veggies(page 3)

craznish

Ok, so this is a veg dish that my husband LOVES. I make twice baked taters and I get creative!!! I add minced veggies (sometimes sautéd, sometimes raw), sauces/dressings, hummus/other bean dips, mock cheese, seeds/toasted nuts, seasonings, etc. Just bake your tater until soft. Cut open and remove the flesh, putting into a bowl. Add your combo of stuff and mix well. Pack back into it's skin and put back into the hot oven. Sometimes I put it up to broil and remove when a golden hue is acheived.

I have made Greek, Mexican, Asian, middle eastern creations. You would be amazed at what you have around the house/fridge to use for creative combos! You don't have to load it up with cheese, butter, bacon, etc, to make it good!!

03/02/2010 02:58 PM
sharone
sharone  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

hmmm...I think I should just fly you out for one intense week of Cooking In My Kitchen! Laughing It's so impressive to me when folks can experiment w/recipes and it comes out edible! Laughing That's not always the case in my home! Smile

03/08/2010 01:00 PM
ohfaithful

Very creative, sounds like a plan. I'm trying to save money so I find myself being more creative as well, although my daughter probably wishes I weren't. Grin

Faith

03/30/2010 11:55 AM
craznish

have any of you ever tried celery root? its really mild tasting. i made mine into mashed celery root. i like it more than mashed taters! lol! i plan to try it other ways and would love to hear suggestions!

05/18/2010 10:59 PM
craznish

Yum!!! I know, reading this makes my hungry for veg as well! I have been eating tons of celery root and fennel bulb. I like fennel bulb roasted in the oven, after having been coated w oilve oil and balsamic vinegar. It creates a lovely glaze Smile

05/19/2010 09:03 PM
ohfaithful

That Italian Roasted Vegetables recipe sounds like a good one! Vegetables are always a challenge for me so I'll give that one a go!

09/06/2010 09:20 AM
santos63
santos63  

My family doesn't eat veggies except hubby will eat a salad if it is plain enough. So, in the winter months, I will cook a bag of California veggies bag until they are pretty mushy, along with some celery. I then puree it in the blender, and add to somecooked cubed potatoes (which I do not puree), and make cheese soup out of it. My family loves this, and I don't tell them the veggies are in there. Hehehehe.

09/10/2010 03:26 PM
santos63
santos63  

I love pumpkin! Just steam a piece and add some cinnamon and nutmeg. It doesn't even need sweetener. Yummy!

Post edited by: santos63, at: 09/12/2010 11:33 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved