MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/18/2012 09:32 AM

No help

bubblelivin
bubblelivin  
I'm an Advocate

If you take a look at my diary post there's one on there that explains me better of my health history. So that brings me up till a year and 1/2 ago I was dropped off my moms insurance because of my age they offered me cobra 400 a month, you got to be kidden I couldn't afford that plus everything else that was happening on my life. Mom thinks i have insurance. I don't have the heart to tell her I don't. I applied for disability but no because I'm working. ( keep in mind I miss a ton of work due to my health) and OK so medicaid and Medicare and this thing called hipp thru the state were I live at... no because I make too much.( they don't factor in anything else) anthem.. no because pre exisiting. no on pretty much everything else because of pre exisiting.

Any thoughts on me getting insurance or how to go about getting help with it?

01/22/2012 03:15 PM
Angela2
Angela2  
VIP Member

Yes, you've probably heard of the healthcare reform bill that was passed over a year ago. Most of it doesn't take effect until 2014, but one of the things that is available now is the new PCIP program. The federal govt. funded it to start and some states chose to set one up for themselves. I wish my state wouldn't have done that since it is much more expensive then if our residents could go to the federal plan that residents of most states use.

One of the few criteria is that you be a U.S. citizen and you must be uninsured for 6 months or more. Go to healthcare.gov and check out the PCIP plan for your state. If you have any problems finding it, shoot me a private message and I'll help.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved