MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/10/2012 09:24 PM

I cured my aggressive gum disease!

ambrosia13

Hello, I'm 33 years old and have been suffering from aggressive periodontal disease for the last 8 years. I've had scaling and root planing several times, been put on antibiotics several times including low dose antibiotics everyday for over a year. Nothing worked and I lost a tooth cause I had lost so much bone in my upper jaw. The periodontist wanted to just pull them all out and put in implants (which is insanely expensive!) I then paid $6,000 and had laser gum surgery. Still my teeth were loosening and I was in constant pain...

I then read about high dose vitamin C therapy to treat various diseases. I was intrigued how closely periodontal disease is similar to scurvy - which is a disease caused by vitamin C deficiency.

So I started taking a huge amount of vitamin C. The first day I took 20 grams of vitamin C - that is a gigantic amount that should cause diarrhea but had no ill effect. But I woke up the next day pain free! My gums were actually pink and not red and puffy and bleeding! It was like a miracle!

That was six months ago and my gums are healing and my teeth are no longer achy and loose. I had to take large doses of vitamin C for quite some time but slowly tapered down - I now take between 2 - 5 grams a day depending on how my gums are feeling. I cannot skip a day and if I'm sick or stressed I notice I need more. I take it in powdered form at lunch and dinner.

Please, please, please try vitamin C!!! Its cheap and it works! Please give it a try! I know how horrible and painful this disease can be but its so easily curable - your dentist just wants your money!!!

12/06/2012 10:27 AM
eyanna03

Hello ambrosia13, I thank you so much for your post. I am 30 years old and have been fighting with my oral health since 2006. I went to the dentist in 2005 and they told me I had 1 cavity. When they took me into the room to fill it they were going to accidentally extract it, but caught it just in time. I got scared sh**less and left, I didn't let them fill it. The following year the tooth was sensitive and bothering me so I went to a relatives dentist.(Why did I do that?) He told me I had 17 cavities. I couldn't believe it, I had always taken good care of my teeth, so I thought. And just last year I had only had 1 cavity. How did I get 16 more. While I was trying to mentally process and rationalize what was going on, he whisked the cape around me, whipped out the drill and clamped my mouth open.(Not in that order) But I couldn't understand how I had that many cavities and why he needed too drill to fill them. You put a bigger hole in the tooth to fill a smaller hole. It didn't make sense. Well 1 month later, 3 fillings came out. About a year later a tooth on my upper right broke off. I had to get that pulled and a tooth on my lower right broke off. They said I needed a root canal for that and that I had pyorreah. This was 2008. How in the hell did I go 23 years of my life and only have 1 cavity to having 17 within 1 year, and then teeth breaking off like cheap china dishes and then to pyorreah all in 2 to 3 years. I did research and came to the conclusion that the dentist railroaded me. He pretty much tried to kill me. When he put all those unnecessary filling in my perfectly good teeth, he ruined them. As a result it has been ruining my health. I normally cure my infections with garlic, but this infection/pain isn't going away. Everybody is telling me to go to the dentist. I say--Why would I do that when a dentist did this to me. You know the family member who's dentist it was? Come to find out she has dentures. I had no clue!!! She doesn't have any of her teeth, but somehow thought he was so good to recommend me to him. He's the reason she lost her teeth. He pulled them!! I will die before I step foot into another dentist office. People say if you have an infection you can die. Yeah if I leave the car running in the garage with the doors closed and me in it I could die also. So I appreciate this post, I really do. I have been in excruciating pain for 2 weeks now. I am going to get some vitamin c asap. Please post your progress, as I will post mine. You might very well be a life saver.

12/17/2012 07:06 AM
tiamariacat

Ambrosia13 - Thank you . This makes sense. having suffered from gum disease since in my 20's and spending tens of thousands of dollars on treatment & dental procedures ..yes, tens of thousands.... I am going to try this. I am not one who eats alot of fruits & vegetables. After looking up scurvy symptoms, dry skin & hair etc. I have also been suffering from dizzyness for tyhe past several years & brushed if off to stress. This describes me. I have been told i have one of the cleanest mouths in my dental practice. I am impeccable with my teeth. I use expensive mouth washes & non- fluoride toothpastes, peppermint oil & all the natural cures out there. I have also tried antibiotics... all to no avail. I find it funny that these dentists have no problem taking your money, but offer no cure. It's as if they want to see your gum disease progress so they can cash in. over the years, I am 52 now, I have out approx. $25,000 into my mouth. Right now, my teeth are loosening and beginning to shift. I have one tooth on the bottom that is ready to fall out. These are perfectly good teeth. I may have to go with yet another dental procedure that right now, i cannot afford. i also see no sense in continuing to spend thousands of dollars. I have tried all the potions & tonics out there, to no avail. It seems this monster cannot be killed.I have always thought this was caused by an underlying disorder such as diabetes or some other malady, but never thought of scurvy. Scurvy is a disease of the poorer countries, not America, an has been non existant for centuries. I take vitamins and all, but perhaps not enough. Thank you, I am going to try this. ** Update posted below ...

Post edited by: tiamariacat, at: 12/17/2012 07:14 AM

Post edited by: tiamariacat, at: 09/10/2013 06:33 PM

Post edited by: tiamariacat, at: 09/10/2013 06:35 PM

Post edited by: tiamariacat, at: 09/10/2013 06:41 PM

12/22/2012 11:54 AM
eyanna03

I posted about a couple of weeks ago. And I must say that the Vitamin C helped a lot. The first day I took it I was in sooooo much pain I wanted to die. My head and my chest was hurting. I saw you post and went straight to the store. I took 20,000mg equal to 20grams and the next day the pain was gone. It was and is amazing. Ever so often I will forget to take the vitamin C and the pain will creep back, but as soon as I take the vitamin C it goes away. So I keep in mind to take my daily does. I have purchased Vitamin C in bulk now for my whole family.

Thank You

12/23/2012 08:11 AM
ambrosia13

Hello everyone! I really want to stress that the efficacy of Vitamin C is totally dose dependent. Before I started, I thought there was no way I was deficient! Everything you eat and drink seems to be fortified with 100% of the daily recommended amount of vitamin C. I thought for sure I was getting at least 5 times that just from food but I was also supplementing with 500mg in pill form on top of that... but its just not enough for my body! For whatever reason, I need more, waaay more than just the RDA for vitamin C and I'm guessing I'm probably not the only one out there! I've read where people who have been malnourished for extended periods of time need large doses of various vitamins for the rest of their lives. They become vitamin dependant and I believe that is what I have. I really cannot skip days and I have found if I drink alcohol, even in moderation, my gums will begin to ache and I must double the dose of vitamin C for a few days after...

I'm not saying this will work for everyone, our bodies and nutritional needs are all different. But it is a much easier and economical alternative to invasive procedures that also may not work and may even make it worse! My gums became much worse after my first scaling and root planing. They turned grayish and saggy, pulling away from my teeth. I went back to the dentist 2 days after and all she said was that I needed to floss more!!!

I think if you are deficient in vitamin C the gum tissue will become incredibly weak and any harsh treatment, even flossing, can damage it further. And also, it is not the germs!!! Germs are present in everyone's mouth - but in a healthy mouth where the gums are strong, the germs are powerless to cause harm. So all that Listerine we have all been gargling by the gallon is only temporarily getting rid of the problem, not curing the cause - which is weak and unhealthy gum tissue. Once the gum tissue has been restored to health by the vitamin C, you no longer have to worry about germs. At my last cleaning, the hygienist said I have the cleanest mouth she has ever seen! And I do not brush or floss nearly as much as I use to (which was many, many times a day! Now I only brush twice a day and floss once at night) I believe the vitamin C keeps the plaque from turning into tarter, so now I'm brushing more to keep my teeth white rather than to stave off germs. and I never have bad breath, not even in the morning!

Please, if you have tried the vitamin C and you think it is not working, you may just need a higher dose! This is a little gross but could save your teeth - keep track of how much you're taking until you almost or do get diarrhea. That's when you know you have reached "bowel tolerance" and your entire body is fully saturated with vitamin C. The next day take slightly less than the day before and always stop when you almost reach diarrhea. Keep doing this until you only need a few grams a day. Like I said, I still need to take between 2-5grams a day, more if I'm sick or stressed.

Good luck to everyone! And keep smiling with your own healthy teeth and gums!!!

05/09/2013 04:11 AM
innsaneink

Hi ambrosia.....how are things 8 months on?

I found your post very interesting

05/27/2013 06:34 PM
virginia

Thank you very much for vit C advice. Are you taking synthetic vitamin C powder or some natural? I found new recipe for my gums:

Rodhiola Rosea tincture and vitamin A 1:1 mixture applications on gums for 3-4 hours everyday for about a week, very uncomfortable, but very effective. Please let me know about vitamin C, because I thought better to take natural.

05/27/2013 06:39 PM
virginia

Sorry, I made mistake: correct name is Rhodiola RoseaSmile

06/09/2013 08:40 AM
janey2204

Thank you for this information. I have cured a lot of illnesses when I fixed my low body temperature but the gums eluded me. I added in your protocol of mega dosing and bingo! my gums are just great!

06/16/2013 05:14 PM
dompaul7

Thank you Ambrosia. I am 43 years old and I too have been suffering from gum disease for many years now and had no success from what my dentist prescribed me. I am very eager to try the Vitamin C treatment and will tell my friends and family about it. Thank you so much! You're a savior!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved