MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/12/2011 07:08 PM

Bioidentical HRT

Shera_orion

I was just wondering if anybody had ever attempted Bioidentical HRT's. There are a couple of clinics in the area where I live that offer this treatment. HRC Medical is a much larger clinic that offers this, but they are also more expensive. Another clinic in the area offers a similar program for about a third of the cost; however, instead of hormone pellets that are implanted into the hip, they offer lotions that are applied to the hip or inner thigh daily. I have not yet found a synthetic option that is compatible with me. My main reasoning for these clinic is mostly for the testosterone treatments. As of my last hormone screening, my testosterone level was only 8% of what it should be which also limits my metabolism. Just wonderign if anybody had ever tried or is currenyly trying this type of HRT's and if so, their opinions.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved