MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/15/2011 08:14 AM

Im new is group

leandrat

Hello all my name is lee,

I am new to this group but as you can tell not mdj.

I suffer from panic disorder,agrophobia, and depression.

I never had really had a problem with GERD (heart burn) or anything like that other than here and there and eatting a couple of tums would fix me right up

But now I have noticed about every two weeks for about three days I get BAD and NOTHING can help! Not OTC stuff, not tums NOTHING its like that burning feeling in my throat, chest pains, and like Im going to get sick for three days and feeling BAD

Im at wits end by the time this is over is there anything anyone on here can suggest

I am thinking of trying baking soda as it is the only thing I have not tried

I have already-

-redone my diet

-cut out fried foods

-drink only water

-cut out the tums

-have tried the HH treatments like drinking warm water and setting down really fast and such

what else can I try?

I am on xanax so I have to be careful what I take as the bottle says no herbs, and no antacids cause it messes with how xanax is absorded into the body and you should take them many hours apart but I take xanax every two hours so thats impossible for me

04/15/2011 08:46 AM
leandrat

I just wanted to add that I have been looking all over online for natural treatments I came across ACV (apple cider vineger) I happened to have some so I took 2tbl. and a coffee cup of water and drinking it now cant say i feel much better yet but I will for sure keep you posted on it

04/15/2011 12:51 PM
mem6197

Hi Lee,

Welcome!!! Although I'm sorry that you have to be here, I'm glad that you are. (If that makes any sense - LOL)

As you are finding out, GERD is tricky to treat. One day you'll feel fine, the next you won't.

If it keeps up, it might be a good idea to see your doc and see if you can get on a Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI).

I have heard of apple cider vinegar being effective. But I haven't tried it - I have so much damage to my esophagus that I'm afraid the vinegar will just make it worse.

Another thing I have heard that works is Aloe Juice. I've heard good things about it. In fact, one of the videos that Roy posted mentions it. I don't remember which one it was, but if I find it I will let you know. In the meantime, feel free to browse.

In the Medicine/Treatment section, there are some articles on home remedies that may be useful to you. It's worth checking out to see if there is anything you can use.

I did a bit of research on the interactions with the Aloe Juice and Xanax. Below are two links to sites that had some information about it. Hope they help somehow.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/ 607.html#DrugInteractions

http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/aloe-vera-with-xanax- 129-0-133-54.html

04/15/2011 01:59 PM
leandrat

it worked the ACV worked!! I am not 1000% better but i can eat, drink I dont feel sick pain is small AMAZING with in an hour or so almost better with NO meds all natural AMAZING how much better I feel!!!

- I have been on almost every PPI there is out there nothing has worked as fast or as well as this stuff fast cheap like 2 bucks a bottle omg IM SHOCKED tasted bad and I swore it would get worse but I figured I was already pretty sick so couldnt do much to my tummy, or throat that i dont already feel and if it made it worse then it would be known VERY fast cause it would have burned lol

Post edited by: leandrat, at: 04/15/2011 02:01 PM

04/15/2011 05:30 PM
mem6197

Wow!!! That's cool that it worked so well for you. That gives me a bit of encouragement to go ahead and try it myself.

I'm glad you are feeling better!!! Wink Cool

04/15/2011 06:34 PM
Larkshy
Larkshy  

Hi leandrat

Welcome to the GERD group.

I'm glad to hear that the apple cider vinegar worked for you. I did give it a go once, but I'm not sure how effective it was for me. I might have another go when I have another episode.

Hope you get lots out of being here. I'm sure that you will.

Lark

04/16/2011 06:33 AM
leandrat

Thanks everyone! Yah I'm very happy it worked for me as well only time will tell if it keeps helping lets hope so

04/21/2011 06:23 PM
britneybolduc
britneybolduc  

My daughter Hayleigh was recently hospitalized and they did a PH probe, they said she has Acid reflux and it's not only the acid its the alkiline to. They said no matter what she is doing her stomach never regulates...

04/22/2011 09:01 PM
mem6197

Hi Britney,

I'm so sorry about your daughter's condition, that just really sucks.

Is there anything at all that can be done to help her?

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved