MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/13/2012 04:27 PM

feeling depressed

lonstar4ever

I just joined the support group today, because I am having a bad day. I was diagnosed in 2002 with genital herpes. I've had successful relationships even after telling the guys I had HSV2, but my last relationship ended after 2 years (not due to the HSV2), and I lost my job over a year ago. When I worked it kept my mind busy I wouldn't think about never getting married or dating. But now that I'm home all day, it seems like its always on my mine. I joined an online dating site and I just told a guy that I went on 1 date with and with have been talking on the phone. I thought for sure he would want to end dating. But he asked if I wanted to go see a movie tomorrow. But I don't feel worthy, like eventually if the dating progresses he will end it. I've been hurt in so many relationships that I don't want to get hurt again. I'm thinking I should call off the movie date tomorrow just because I'm afraid of being hurt.Sad

02/13/2012 04:57 PM
comepickmeup

Girl, go see the damn movie! We are all depressed, and especially living with this. We all have good days and bad days. But you have moved on with life after hsv, and even though it didn't work out for whatever reason, who is to say this one won't? If it doesn't, keep moving on. It could be a great night. And if it isn't, oh well. At least you will get out...go see a comedy...and you will laugh. You can't be depressed when you laugh. You're just stuck in a moment and you need to get out of it. I know its so much easier said than done, but start with little steps, like this movie. Chin up, I am here for you!

02/13/2012 05:00 PM
lonstar4ever

comepickmeup, thank you so much! I've never had anyone to talk these feelings out with. I guess the worse is over, the "talk", right? And the suggestion about a comedy was a great suggestion. But we agreed on seeing, "The Vow" good choice???

Post edited by: lonstar4ever, at: 02/13/2012 05:03 PM

02/13/2012 05:24 PM
comepickmeup

You are def right about the talk. I was just diagnosed five months ago and have pretty much steered clear of anything to do with guys and dating, so are a doing a lot better than a lot of ppl including me! The vow sounds like a chick flick, but hey, if he is willing to go see a chick flick with you, he obviously really digs you cos we all know how guys feel about sappy love stories. So go, have a good time, get your mind off things, and eat all the popcorn you want. And then fill in the details!

02/13/2012 05:33 PM
lonstar4ever

Thanks again. Smile I've had HSV2 almost 10 years and "the talk" is so hard. But it will get easier as time goes by. Rejection sometimes and acceptance sometimes. It is just really emotionally draining.

02/14/2012 08:48 AM
lonstar4ever

Ok. I was getting all ready for my movie date (we were going to see a matinee)& the phone rings and its him and he says he just wants to be friends because after thinking the herpes thing over, he would always free catching it, so he just wanted to cut off it off. I am so sad, feel worthless, feel I will never find a man to love & spend the rest of my life with. I'm crying. And to boot its Valentines Day.

02/14/2012 09:05 AM
comepickmeup

Oh well, his loss. He is obviously not serious and not mature enough to deal with an adult relationship. I know its vday, but wouldn't you rather find out now than later and waste your time on him? So screw the sappy chick flick and take yourself out to see a comedy, maybe a bite to eat...I like panera bread, best soups and sandwiches and free wifi! Don't think about the day or him, just focus on you. When this depression moment passes, and it will believe me, guys will notice you more, and that h thing will just be no biggie. Get a pedicure, so something you enjoy. I know all this is much easier said than done. But trust me, I know how you feel with this depression. I literally had to drag myself out of my apt after crying on my steps for what seemed like hours. Focus on you because you are beautiful and special and you deserve the best!

02/14/2012 09:28 AM
Angelface08
Angelface08  
I'm an Advocate

Girl go see that movie and have a good time! See some funny movie and laugh until you cry! You deserve to have a good time with another person. You are a good person because you are a great person and beautiful person. Take baby steps move slow and don't run. Sometimes the best relationships start off at a slow pace not running. But you'll never know if you don't give your self and him a chance. so go have fun smile and be your wonderful self. Have fun tonight! Remember you are a good, nice, beautiful person. Go out with confidence!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved