MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/20/2011 07:16 AM

How will you purple-lized your day?

AsianGoddess

Today is Spirit Day. On this day, people are encouraged to wear purple to show their support for the GLBT youth community and make a stand against bullying and harassment in any shape or form.

I am going to wear purple today and my Facebook page will be all purple-lized and decked out! I will also change my avatar for MDJunction to the purple hand symbol! What are you going to do in celebration of Spirit Day?

Have fun with purple today!

Make this pledge and encourage others to make the pledge as well!

“I WILL NOT USE MY HANDS OR MY WORDS FOR HURTING MYSELF OR OTHERS”Â®

P.S. Pledge is from www.HandsProject.org

Post edited by: AsianGoddess, at: 10/20/2011 07:32 AM

11/27/2011 03:27 PM
Romy
Romy  

Hello,

Thanks for the post... I stopped coming in here because no one would write.

In the spirit of purple... I wear the royal color on occasion.

I live by that pledge even if I never took it but, ironically, I have playing Saints Row 3 which the main color there is purple and there can bean extreme level of virtual violence there.

I suppose just keepliving that pledge on a day to day.

11/27/2011 04:31 PM
momof1son

Hello Romy! I have written you and I try to answer every ones posts. I havent seen you on here in a long time. I'm sorry you feel that way about the group.. Hope all is well with you.

11/28/2011 04:09 PM
AsianGoddess

Hey, Romy. I feel that way too sometimes. But I keep coming back because there are some days when I receive a lot of support and encouragement. God only knows how much we need those these days.

I'm here for you though if you need anything. I'm not perfect and my suggestions may not always work for you as well as they did for me because we are two different people. But I like you to know that I care.

Have a great week, all!

11/30/2011 12:58 AM
Romy
Romy  

Hi

Thanks... Momof1, I'm sorry life got too much and I actually resented someone being on the computer when no one was there in my day to day life. I've been very angry, very hurt and feeling very alone and doing the best I can.

You are so right Goddess.. We do need the support and encouragement of others in this community... I agree... I know I need it and would like to give it back. I'm going to make an effort to be more involved here.

I care to make a change.

Thanks...

~Romy

11/30/2011 11:56 AM
AsianGoddess

Power of one, Romy, power of one. You can make a difference. I bet there a lot of things that I could learn from you. I hope you still find this place one of your safe places.

Have a great day!

12/02/2011 03:35 PM
momof1son

Thats awesome Romy and I know you've had problems with ppl saying they would be there for you and werent but I am telling you that if you ever want to talk, I am here. Some days I may not be able to answer right away cuz I'm pretty busy at times but I WILL answer.

12/04/2011 05:33 PM
Romy
Romy  

Thank you, both.

I hope you're having a wonderful Sunday and have a great week.

~Romy

12/06/2011 07:59 AM
AsianGoddess

Currently, I'm kicking myself for problems with uploading Windows XP on one of my machines. I really wish I could just run away from the horrifying world of Windows and Bill Gates and just live in the land of peace and joy in Linux Land. Unfortunately, my wife needs Internet Explorer to do her work as an adjunct online professor of Phoenix University. Oh well! Such is life!

12/06/2011 10:01 AM
momof1son

You are quite welcome Romy and I hope you had a great Sunday yourself.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved