MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/03/2012 09:33 AM

Sick and frustrated still...

board1022

Long story short...I was diagnosed almost four years ago after having complications from gallbladder surgery. Was bounced around from Dr to Dr and had multiple surgeries including removal of part of my stomach, J-tubes, and so many PICC lines to count. Got sick to the point of being in liver failure at one point in time and to be honest the Drs don't have a reason as to why I survived. The last year things seemed to have calmed down or so I thought until about three months ago when I started loosing weight rapidly again and throwing up almost hourly. To make things worse we just moved to the Salt Lake area and starting over with new Drs is driving me crazy. I am getting treated like a psych case and can't seem to get any real help even with all my medical record for them to review. I don't know what to do or where to turn and am scared if I can't get someone to take me seriously I won't make it much longer. Any suggestions?

02/11/2012 06:20 PM
Kitze

I too got GP after gall bladder surgery. I wonder what the connection is with that? Kitze

02/12/2012 07:12 AM
chaffer26

Kitze, often cases of GP after gallbladder surgery are from the surgeon damaging the vagal nerve during the surgery. The nerve runs very close to the gallbladder

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved