MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/24/2010 10:12 AM

cahnging docs

mimmy
mimmy  

i decided to go with a different doctor for treatment of my GP and had one in mind. found out he is partners with my old one. since my main complaint is the distance I have to drive to see him, I decided to do it anyway. that and the new guy's availablilty. we'll see what happens.

Post edited by: mimmy, at: 08/24/2010 10:13 AM

09/04/2010 02:59 PM
CJ81509

GL!! I went through seven doctors before I found the one I use now who had treatment options for me. I waited months for an appointment and he about an hour drive but it has definitely been worth it. I still have a lot of trouble and my condition is bad but he has been able to help me with tubes and medications and options. Hope this doctor is just what you need to feel better and get some peace of mind!

09/04/2010 03:06 PM
mimmy
mimmy  

didn't go well, he was dismissive, and cold..but gave me a srpt for zofran. i've been afraid to take it. i'm still very unhappy. I keep making bad decisions. other doctors office is probably pissed off. and I dread calling in my next payment(I still owe them money) because I don't want to be yelled at.

09/06/2010 11:11 AM
CJ81509

keep on trying! there is a doctor out there who will be knowledgeable and have a good bedside manner. my doctor now i feel comfortable with and he is nice. idk where u are from but i can give you the name if you;d like. some of my other doctors were very rude. i used to take zofran. my nausa was too bad for this, but try it, it might help for you! i didn't get any side effects from it. i get injects of it in the hospital some times.

09/06/2010 05:02 PM
mimmy
mimmy  

well I did end up trying the med..didn't do a thing for me, just made me sleepy. I have an appointment with my pCP on the 13th. I'm gonna tell him what's going on and see what he thinks. see if he has any ideas on what to do. he is the nicest man. just listens and does his best.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved