MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/23/2009 04:32 PM

Herbal remedies

kristinaslater

Hello,

I'm Kristina.

I've had gastroparesis since August, but was officially diagnosed yesterday. Only 3% of my scrambled eggs went out of my stomach in 90 minutes.

I'm wondering if anyone has heard of or tried Perteton, Trenical, or Pranofax for help with gastroparesis?

I'm concerned about the side effects I've heard about Domperidone, especially the depression side effect.

Please let me know if anyone has had any luck with the herbal remedies.

Thank you,

Kristina

Post edited by: kristinaslater, at: 12/23/2009 04:44 PM

03/04/2010 06:15 PM
khibdon

Hello. I haven't heard of any herb that will increase gastric motility. I have read a lot about liquifying diets. This includes packing extra calories and extra protein in either semi-liquid or liquids.

A knowledgeable nutritionist might also be helpful in identifying foods that are the most digestable and this may include some herbs that could help digestion. Just a thought. Best wishes in finding a helpful solution. Stay strong. Hugs. Karen

09/06/2010 05:49 PM
dcaa1

Perteton. It is made by gordans herbal research. My husband has gp for 4 years and we just started the medication 11 days ago. I can't beleive the diffrence it has made in just that time. It is inexpencive, effective and gaurenteed to work. Also, no side effects.

09/14/2010 08:44 PM
BethAnne

Where do you get Perteton? I have been on domp. and they increased to 20mg 4 times a day and still in bad shape.

12/17/2010 08:45 PM
cwmeow

I've had GP since 2007. After going through tests, my gastro doc put me on Reglan, and when it started to cease working, which was about the time they discovered the side effect of Tardive Dyskinesia, he put me on Domperidone. Now that is lessening in effectiveness. I really needed something because I was starting to feel very uncomfortable again. I started digestive enzymes, probiotics...10 strains/40 billion, aloe vera juice, and something called Triphala a week ago. I've also been doing an internal cleanse that has the Triphala in it. Triphala acts as a natural laxative amongst other things. My system, so far is starting to run smoother and my moods are better. Also, I've been on a gluten free/dairy free diet for a week.

Here's one website you can have a look at if you're interested.

http://www.organicindia.com/triphala.php

I hope this helps.

Post edited by: cwmeow, at: 12/17/2010 08:46 PM

Post edited by: cwmeow, at: 12/17/2010 08:48 PM

Post edited by: cwmeow, at: 12/17/2010 08:50 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved