MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/22/2012 04:14 PM

Vomiting

IDoNotKnow
IDoNotKnow  
VIP Member

I was dignosed with Gastritis a while ago but they didn't know why. I had an endoscopy. I have been having trouble with vomiting for months now and we STILL don't know why. I am really sick of feeling sick. I am still working but I feel sick more days than I feel well. You would think I would be used to vomiting at this point but I am not. Sometimes I keep food down and sometimes I don't. A majority of days I am vomiting. I really don't know what to do at this point. I have Zofran that I take but it doesn't always work. I also have suppositories that sometimes work and sometimes don't. I was suppose to have a Desida scan but my insurance denied it.

Do you have any tricks to stop nausea and vomiting?

Doctors are failing me but even more my insurance is failing me.

I don't know what I can do next.

Medical History:

Lupus

Seizures

Family History:

My sister also has an autoimmunity disease. She is unable to eat period and is fed through TPN (IV nutrition), There is a lot more going on in the family but I won't bore you with it.

My main question is how do you stop your vomiting?!!!

THANK YOU

04/22/2012 08:00 PM
IDoNotKnow
IDoNotKnow  
VIP Member

I am so very sick.

I cannot take this much longer.

Today I am very very sick.

I keep vomiting and at this point it is just stomach acid. It burns so much.

Please do you have suggestions.

Doctors cannot help me and I don't know what to do.

My body cannot take this much longer.

Please

04/26/2012 08:07 PM
IDoNotKnow
IDoNotKnow  
VIP Member

I cannot stop vomiting and I am so tired and desperate.

04/27/2012 05:32 AM
leeleesa

Hi,

I feel so sorry for you! Have you been checked for gallstones, ultrasound best way? Are your bowels normal? Have you tried going to the ER? You mentioned you have Lupus, are you being treated for that? Are you seeing a GI or PCP? I have learned in the last several days, that a GI doctor is much more informitive. Maybe a second opinion? I am sorry I don't have the answers for you, but I least wanted to acknowledge your hell. Ginger is what they made me take during pregnancy for vomiting, it kinda worked. Don't give up on your health, keep beating down the doctors doors until you get what you need. Don't forget that they work for you, not the other way around. I feel your insurance pain too! I live in PA and I have CA insurance, so hard for me to find anyone who will even take it! I really hope things get better for you. If you just want to use this site to complain and vent, I will be here to listen with compassion. No one has replied to my post either, it's right under yours. I did get a response using Yahoo forum, a thoughtful one.

Best wishes Smile

Post edited by: leeleesa, at: 04/27/2012 05:33 AM

05/06/2012 12:02 AM
IDoNotKnow
IDoNotKnow  
VIP Member

Hello

They didn't see gallstones. Yes, bowels are normal. I just got out of the hospital. I hardly ate while in and my stomach settled down a great deal. Now that I am home and started eating again I am vomiting a LOT. Yes I am being treated for Lupus. My current GI has not been very helpful. The GI in the hospital actually suggested getting a J-tube for medications anyway. Thank you for responding.

05/22/2012 03:44 PM
IDoNotKnow
IDoNotKnow  
VIP Member

This is such a nightmare.

05/23/2012 06:55 PM
IDoNotKnow
IDoNotKnow  
VIP Member

Does it ever end?

05/24/2012 04:06 PM
floridian
floridian  

hi! I really don't understand why there is not more help for people with this condition!! I wish there would be more response from people on this site. There must be someone else who also suffers with vomitting. Can you maybe change drs.? I wouldn't give up! I was diagnosed just recently with atrophic gasritus and it's completely taken over my life. I can't imagine living the rest of my life like this!

05/25/2012 10:43 PM
IDoNotKnow
IDoNotKnow  
VIP Member

I plan on making changes with my GI and possibly and allergist when the school year ends. Last night I spent the entire night vomiting. This is not getting better. I still went to work but it was hell. Thank you so much for your response. What happens with atrophic gastritis. I am 29 and feel like I am 120. I also have Lupus, seizures and mood issues. I am not sure where to go next or how to complete the school year!

THANK YOU

05/26/2012 04:36 PM
floridian
floridian  

Hi there! I'm hoping you're having a good holiday weekend! Do you live near family? Wow, I don't know how you get through school with what you're going through. Are you a student or teacher? The symptoms that I have had with atrophic gasritus are upper adominal pain, asthma[not being able to breathe] and extreme numbness in my legs and back pain but it could lead to alot of other things as well. I had an upper scope and many blood tests which lead to my diagnosis. The dr. said my stomach was very old looking and shrivelled up! It can lead to stomach cancer which is why he took biopsies and also vitamin b-12 deficency. He said I tested okay but that I should come back in 6 months. My type of atrophic gasritus is auto-immune. I also have had hyper-thyroid since my 40's and vitilligo[another auto-immune disease]. I have put on about 30 pounds not being able to exercise. I used to ride the treadmill till my knee kept locking up! I had a spirmetry test as well which showed I had mild copd[I have never smoked]. These medical issues can really take over your life! I will be praying for you!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved