MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/21/2012 05:07 PM

To Many Questions, Needing Answers

rosepedal
rosepedal  

Hello, I am here because last week I spent 5 days in the hospital with a GI tube down my nose for 3 of the 5 days I was in the hospital. I went in to ER with bad stomach pain and severe bloating. At first I thought it was a bad flare up of my IBS of which I found out it was not. I had a endoscope done and was diagnosed with gastritis and an ulcer. After being released from the hospital and, now a week later I get full very quickly when I try to eat a meal. I get stomach pain and a small amount of bloating.

I was diagnosed about 5 years ago with a hiatus hernia. It seems like all of this is related. My question is why is this happening and is it normal for gastritis or an ulcer to accompany other gastric conditions? I am very tired and wanting to sleep a lot. I have missed two weeks of work from this and want to get better so I can go back to work, but do not see that in my future right away. This gastritis that I was told I have, does it go away? Will the episodes I am experiencing get worse and force me to go back to hospital again with another GI tube put in? What can I do to not feel so full? I mean I sit down to eat, have 4 or 5 bites and am done.

I have even more questions like, Why would I be getting diagnosed with so many different gastric conditions? I am getting very frustrated with all of this. Will stress make this condition worse? Will this affect my other health conditions, asthma, hiatal hernia, IBS? And about the meds I take, do any of these make the condition worse, aspirin to prevent strokes, (I previously had a series of small mini strokes, diagnosed with small vesticular disease), simvastatin (high cholesterol, very high), asthma meds (accolate, serevent, pulmicort, proair), NSAIDs (clinoril) for my severe arthritis and busitis,prilosec for my hiatal hernia, and lyrica for fibromyalgia? I know to many questions, but I don't feel I am getting very many answers from my doctors. Please help, need advice badly. And I want to get better soon, is that possible with all the other health problems and gastric conditions I have going on? I search for answers and pray I get them soon. Can anyone shed some light on my condition? Thank you.

05/04/2012 08:24 PM
Duck4wave
Duck4wave  

Hi rosepedal...I guess if you scheduled a physical with your primary care physician and asked to talk about your issues there might be some clarification on what you're going through. I'd also ask for copies of any and all blood labs, and procedure reports (with resultant findings) and also ask your physician to see if there's any medicinal 'overlaps' with possible side effects your stomach can't handle that might not be felt by you. I hope this makes sense. Good luck and keep us posted! "Wink

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved