MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/27/2010 08:23 PM

newly post-op, needs advice!(page 3)

GAM1211

Hi, glad to see a newbie on here. Two weeks out..WOW

wish I were there already. Still got the surgery to look forward to, no date yet. Still in the preparation stages. Trying to introduce as much liquids as I can tollerate. Helps with the pre-surgical weight loss, and future thoughts on diet restrictions. Best of luck, and I'll keep looking out for your progress posts.

08/29/2010 10:45 PM
krystena
krystena  

Oh my gosh, by no means are you alone. I thought I was the only one that felt the way you do. Even at nearly 2 weeks post op I feel like I made the wrong decision. I see people eat normal foods around me and I suddenly think "what have I done?"

I've been reassured those feelings and thoughts go away, but I'm not sure when. I have been stuck on liquids since I left the hospital, it's been nearly 2 weeks. I feel like everything tastes the same, I get no satisfaction from anything I drink, even my vitamins are giving me that gagging feeling.

Hang in there, you're not alone!!

08/29/2010 11:23 PM
mem3351

It's funny you should say that about vitamins giving you the gagging feeling, because I am no different. Even now, sometimes when I take the multi vitamin it seems to take ages going down! I don't know what it is about that tablet inparticular, but it seems to be the worst of them all Smile

09/06/2010 08:28 AM
mem3431

I'm glad to hear things are going better for you! Check with your doc to see if there are any support groups in the area. If there aren't any, maybe you can start one! It's important to surround yourself with people who will support you and not try to sabatoge or put you down. I don't like how your mom said, "it's your fault". You made the right decision for yourself and your family. Your children will have their mommy for a longer time and you will be able to run and play with them. If you lose focus on why you did this for yourself, focus on your children and the wonderful times you will be able to have with them. Soon you will be an 11 couple--both shaped like ones! Smile

09/07/2010 02:04 AM
Dixiechick21
Dixiechick21  

well almost 2 months post op now and down from 348(day of surgery) to 305 still not getting myprotein but i am trying and still not eating i almost feel guilty to force myself to eat but im walkin about 1-2 miles a day i feel better already having to buy clothes i dont regret this not one bit

09/11/2010 03:55 AM
Dixiechick21
Dixiechick21  

I posted some pics to my profile one before surgery and 2 after started at 381 now at 303.6

Post edited by: Dixiechick21, at: 09/11/2010 03:55 AM

06/07/2011 12:21 PM
Dixiechick21
Dixiechick21  

Hello everyone i havent been keeping up with my page ive been working really hard tryin to get healthy and do the right thing so far im 11 months post op and lost a total of 189 pounds, went from 381 to 192 and still goin strong..this site really really helped me in my early stages of GBS and im so sorry i havent been able to update people, my husband is active duty in the army and we get moved around alot its really tough.. but i wish everyone the best with their past, present, and future surgeries this site really is a cluster of diamonds when it comes to support thank you guys so much!

06/09/2011 05:38 AM
mem3431

Great job, Dixiechick! Thanks for checking in and updating us on your progress. It's wonderful to see people again and know how it will be for us later down the road. Keep checking in. Smile

10/15/2011 01:39 PM
Shaunalynn
Shaunalynn  

Wow - you are an inspiration! Nearly 200 lbs dropped!!!

I'm 2.5 weeks post-op and have no idea how much I've lost just yet. I know I had lost 10 lbs at my 1 week post-op appt, but I don't have a scale at home, so I haven't weighed since then.

I really appreciate all the information here and the encouragement. Thank you so much!

10/16/2011 01:08 AM
mem3351

Well done Shauna, and never buy a scale for home. never! Everyone is warned not to, because you just replace the addiction of eating with the addiction of checking your own weight every hour, and it's so not good.

Plus, your body post surgery does weird things, it retains water one day and dumps it the next, your weight can go up and down by several pounds overnight. So, it's best to just let the hospital or dr do the weight checks every time you go, and you will see how you're doing then

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved