MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/16/2010 11:08 PM

trying this for second time!

jeterlv

Hi,

I have struggled all my life with weight and have of course put on more than ever before. My mother and I went thru the gastric bypass orientations (although we were planning to get the band) and our healthcare provider requires we lose about 10% of our wt. and when we reach the goal and a few other things we can get surgery...that was about 2.5 yrs ago! I gained wt as soon as they said meet this goal lol! Then dealt with life in between but now I have started over with the orientations! This time there is a new procedure called "the sleeve" Anywone heard of or had this? They cut out a large portion of your stomach and that's it. Sounds better than the banding for success since there's no risk of slippage and this surgery has the results and speed of loss comperable to the gastric bypass without having to re-route body parts...which is what I am afraid of personally.

I hope I can make it thru their requirements this time.

07/17/2010 06:21 AM
purple01craze
purple01craze  

Welcome to the group and good luck. Been there, done that.

07/18/2010 03:32 PM
tigger61
tigger61  

If you want this change of life and be free of and addiction to food, you will have to follow the program. It is not easy, but several of this have succeeded. The reason you need to lose the weight is so when they do the procedure, your liver will not get nicked and you have more complications that before the surgery. Be positive and do this for you. change some bad habits and learn some good ones.

Good luck we are here to listen and to offer you friendly advice.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved