MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/04/2009 05:16 PM

Scary

Shida

Hello everyone my name is Rashida I was looking up suport groups when I stumpled upon this one. I am having surgery tommarrow in the morning. I am not scared about the surgery but more about what will happen after. I am so scared and excited it is really hard for me to describe. I was wondering if anyone knows a good protein drink that I can use after surgery during the clear liquid stage. I have been using a drink from costco that I really like but I dont know if I should continue using that or switch to another.Shocked

11/04/2009 06:48 PM
cappymuir
cappymuir  
I'm an Advocate

Hi and welcome. I would asked the doctor before you leave the hospital what you should do. Everyone is a little bit different. Cappy

11/06/2009 11:00 AM
onab

At Wallmart they have EAS Myoplex lite,w/20 grams of protein and 1% sugar.

They are 4.79 for four,but in the inside of the carton is a cupon for 1.50 off your next purchase.

They only come on vanilla,but tastes really good!

Also,I have tried Slimfast lite,they are also high in protein and taste good!

11/06/2009 11:57 AM
kmcoolone
kmcoolone  
I'm an Advocate

beware of protein shake mixes at walmart. Some have caffeine and taurine in them which is the main ingredients in red bull. anyway my surgeon says that using caffeine will make it harder to lose weight.

11/06/2009 04:54 PM
thread34

Thanks for that info Scary. I had looked at them last week but did not have my glasses to be able to read the ingredients. I have been told that caffeine can cause ulcers and I do not want any of those. I would as always contact my dr. before switching to another protein drink at this stage.

11/06/2009 05:01 PM
Dragonlover73
Dragonlover73  

i wouldnt use slim fast they have way too much sugar in them you need to find one under 12g of sugar over that and you will probably dump.

11/06/2009 05:26 PM
blazyn
blazyn  

Only use the low-cal slim fast. They may be low in sugar, but they're not low in calories. We were told only low cal or none for slim fast. I didn't care for unjury - I could smell it and it had a hint of taste. It wasn't horrible, but if I can find something with less taste I'd go for that. I also really like the Health Wise drinks - there's probably about a dozen or so different drinks and they're all pretty good ( http://www.healthwisenri.com/ ). I think there's 6 or 7 packets in a box and it's maybe 5 bucks for the box. Out of several things I've tried, I like those the best.

I've not had surgery, but I've had taste tests. Also, at Walmart they make "Body Fortress" which was recommended by my nutritionist - I believe a scoop equals about 20g protein and it comes in a HUGE bottle.

I hope some of these suggestions have helped!

~Dana

11/07/2009 05:32 AM
purple01craze
purple01craze  

It sounds weird, but I have found that most GNC products that are 100% whey protein work the best. I buy vanilla and mix it up with fresh fruit,

11/07/2009 07:59 AM
Shida

Thank u everyone those sugestions were helpful. I have made it through surgery and can't wait to go home thanks to all

11/08/2009 04:16 PM
kanj1

Hi, I had hard time getting thick protein., last week i had appt. with surgeon he recommended me isopure protein drinks or protein shots w/c comes in test tubes form available at costco, all the best.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved