MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/28/2009 06:37 AM

5 YEARS POST OP

MIRACLEBABIES

FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS JUST HAD GASTRIC BYPASS I WISH YOU LUCK. YES IT IS HARD AT FIRST BUT IT DOES GET BETTER. I COULD NOT HAVE KIDS UNTIL 10 MONTHS AFTER SURGERY. SURPRISE AFTER TRYING FOR 8 YEARS.5 MONTHS AGO A HAD TWINS BUT I HAVE NOT LOST ALL THE WEIGHT AFTER WHICH IS VERY MENTAL PROBLEM FOR ME. LIFE DOES GET EASIER AND YOU WILL EVENTUALLY WILL GET BACK TO EATING ALITTLE BIT MORE NORMALTongue :

05/28/2009 08:29 PM
cappymuir
cappymuir  
I'm an Advocate

Hi- I think it is great that you had twins. I am looking forward to having a baby if the dear Lord allows it. Right now I have been out 5.25 years and my hubby is getting ready to have the lap band surgery. This Saturday we are going to an oreintation for him. The doctors says that we can't get pregnant due to weight problems on both sides. I think if I do get pregnant, that it will be the oonly one. I am afraid that my tummy will not handle it more than once. The fear of getting the extra pounds off hits every time I think I want a child. Then I remind myself that I could do it if I put my mind to the point after I first hand the surgery. Then I could eat the amount of food then and not what I could eat now. I also need to take in consideration if I need a certain amount of food for the baby if breast feeding. I am not sure what to think about that.

05/29/2009 07:01 AM
MIRACLEBABIES

I TRIED FOR 8 YEARS TO HAVE A BABY ACTUALLY MY HUSBANDS SPERM DID NOT HAVE GOOD SWIMMERS OUR ONLY OPTION WAS INVITRO SOMETHING WE COULD NOT AFFORD. I HAD GASTRIC BYPASS AND ONLY 10 MONTHS AFTER HAVING IT I WAS PREGNANT. YEA YOU DO EAT MORE YOU HAVE TO BUT YOUR STOMACH WILL BE FINE. I ACTUALLY GOT DOWN TO 132 LBS AFTER GIVING BIRTH MY LOWEST WEIGHT EVER. THEN I GOT PREGNANT WITH TWINS AND GAVE BIRTH TO THEM 5 MONTHS AGO I ATE ALOT MORE BUT THEY NEEDED IT I DO EAT MORE NOW THAT IS WHY I WEIGH 155 LBS NOW BUT I AM GOING TO START WORKING ON THAT. YOU SEE WE STILL THE BIG GIRL COMPLEX THAT IS WHAT WE HAVE TO FET RID OF YOU HAVE TO ASK YOURSELF HOW BAD DO YOU WANT A BABY A LITTLE WEIGHT GAIN IS OKAY YOU WILL LOOSE IT I DID GOOOD LUCK. I KNOW EXACATLY HOW YOU FEEL.

06/06/2009 07:31 PM
MIRACLEBABIES

HOW DID THE SEMINAR FOR YOUR HUSBAND GO. WELL IS HE GOING TO GO THROUGH WITH IT?Wassat Wassat Wassat

06/08/2009 03:33 AM
cappymuir
cappymuir  
I'm an Advocate

Th seminar went well. The other doctor suggested to me that he should have the other surgery(gastr) but my hubby will not think about that one at all. It has been really rough going through this with him. I think my attitude was much better. I did my research and once I decided I was totally ok with what was to come. He is very nervous and scared of being operated on. The only other surgery he has had is on his arms when he broke them in several places. So , now he takes out his frustration on me. I try to encourage him- but he thinks I am calling him fat. In reality, I just want him to live for a longer period of time. Now he is using it as an excuse not to do any work around the house and just to sit back and veg in fornt of the TV watching his hunting programs. Then I get frustrated.

He has his Psych eval on the 18th of this month. I am hoping that the doctor discovers what other personal issue he may have , so that it can be medicated. I feel that there is a problem that needs to be addressthat does not relate to this surgery, but gives the opportunity for it to be discovered.

Smile

06/08/2009 05:51 AM
MIRACLEBABIES

WELL WE BOTH KNOW HOW BEING OVERWEIGHT CAN EFFECT YOUR BEHAVIOR. WHEN I WAS HEAVIER MY HUSBAND DID NOT ALWAYS TREAT ME THE WAY I DESERVED TO BE TREATED. WE HAD ALOT OF FIGHTS, AND WELL I THOUGHT I DESERVED BECAUSE I WAS OVERWEIGHT. BUT YOU LEARN TO STAND UP FOR YOURSELF. I WORKED AT A DOCTORS OFFICE BEFORE I HAD THE TWINS AND I SAW PEOPLE WHO HAD THE LAP BAND. I DID NOT LIKE IT AND WELL ALOT OF THE PEOPLE SAID IF THEY HAD IT TO DO OVER AGAIN THEY WOULD HAVE DONE ATHE GASTRIC BYPASS. I DID ALOT OF CONSULTATION ON THIS FOR OUR DOCTORS. I CAN TELL HIM THAT THIS IS THE BEST OPTION. I NEVER HURT THE ONLY THING THAT HURT ME WAS THE GAS FROM SURGERY. YOU JUST HAVE TO GET UP AND WALK AND I DID IT 2 HOURS AFTER I WOKE UP. YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T MAKE HIS DECISION FOR HIM ALL YOU CAN DO IS HELP HIM THROUGH IT. IF HE IS NOT READY TO TALK OR TAKE THIS STEP TO A HEALTHIER LIFE DROP IT. IT WILL ONLY CAUSE PROBLEMS IN YOUR MARRIAGE. TRUST ME I SEE THIS WITH MY MOM AND DAD. MY DAD IS SO OVER WEIGHT. HE ATHINKS WHEN YOU SAY SOMETHING YOU'RE BEATING HIM UP, WELL THAT'S NOT TRUE YOU LOVE THEM AND WANT THEM TO BE AROUND FOR A LONG TIME. SO WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YALL HAVING BABIES. HAVE YALL BOTH BEEN CHECKED. GIRL I WENT THROUGH SO MUCH EVEN THOUGH I NOW HAVE THREE BABIES I REMEMBER EVERYTHING I WENT THROUGH. HOW LONG HAVE YALL BEEN MARRIED. DOES HE REALLY WANT KIDS? HOW OLD ARE YALL I AM 34. TALK TO YOU SOON.FOR A STAY AT HOME MOM THIS HAS BEEN GREAT.

06/10/2009 09:55 PM
cappymuir
cappymuir  
I'm an Advocate

I now try not to bring up the subject and only let him talk about it if he wants to. He is in his fifties and I am 38 this last April. I did have one child out of marriage and my best friend adopted him. I want to have kids andhe says he does too. We have been married this 9-11 for ten years. We have been together for 17 years totally. We both have differnt "S" drives and opinions on the value of "S" over TV or sleep. He feels that I am so breakable that he does not want to hurt me. I have let him know that is my choice and I know the consequences that may come. This is a very important part of marriage and if it is missing so is the bonding. I think that is where most of our problem lies. Who really knows. He won't be tested to see if there is a problem and my bad OBGYN stated that I had some trouble but it should not be impossible and wanted to see if there was other issues. Hubby not comfortable with proceedure of finding out. So hoping that loss of wiehgt will help, but more "S" might be a mjor player too. Thanks for your advice.

06/11/2009 06:50 PM
MIRACLEBABIES

SO WHO WANTS SEX MORE YOU OR HIM? DO YOU KNOW HOW I GOT PREGNANT? I DID THE OVULATION KIT. IT ONLY TOOK ONE MONTH, AND IT WORKED. I DO NOT SEE HOW WEIGHT FACTORS IN ON HIM BEING ABLE TO HAVE CHILDREN. NOBODY EVER TOLD US THAT ABOUT MY HUSBAND. HIS SWIMMERS DID NOT SWIM. THE ONLY WAY FOR US TO GET PREGNANT WAS TO DO IVF. WELL THAT WASN'T TRUE. GET YOU A KIT IT COST 20 DOLLARS AND GET IT ON. TRY SOMETHING NEW. MAYBE HE IS ASHAMED THAT HE CAN'T GET YOU PREGNANT. SEEING THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY HAD ONE YOU SHOULD BE OKAY. IT IS NOT SHAMFUL THING. MY HUSBAND DID NOT WANT TO DO IT EITHER, BUT IN ORDER FOR US TO MOVE FORWARD HE HAD TO. KNOW WHAT I MEAN. THEN YOU MOVE ON TO THE NEXT STAGE. WHICH FOR WE WOULD HAVE ADOPTED. GIRL I UNDERSTAND! I HOPE I CAN HELP YOU IN ANYWAY I CAN. HANG IN THERE. I HOPE EVERYHTING WORKS OUT FOR THE BOTH OF YOU. SO DID YOU HAVE ANY TUMMY TUCKS OR GET YOUR BREAST FIXED? GIRL I WANT TO. THAT IS MY DREAM.ME AND MY HUSBAND ARE TALKING ABOUT NEXT YEAR GETTING MY BREAST DONE FIRST, THENI WILL MOVE ON TO THE NEXT THING. YOU KNOW YOU TAHINK YOU HATE YOUR BODY BEING FAT NOW YOU LIVE WITH A 30 YEAR OLD LIVING IN A 64 YEAR OLD BODY. DO YOU FEEL THE SAME. DOSEN'T IT FEEL GOOD TO TALK TO SOMEONEWHO UNDERSSTANDS.

06/12/2009 11:23 AM
cappymuir
cappymuir  
I'm an Advocate

Pregnacy may happen, but right now we have to get our finances fixed. since retire emtn it has been crazy basuically living off my income.I did not have any other surgery to fix my body after the gastro bypass. I did think about it when I saw that I looked like the lady in Something About Mary (Widow Scen) real scary!!!. I don't know if I hate my fat or skinny body more on some days. I don't think the attraction factor plays in my sexual relationship right now. It is more about pain and timming for us.Me with being spontneous and him not wanting to hurt or when I am not feel well he wants it. Weird . You think he would want it when I am all dolled up, not when I look like death warm over. I trully wnated to have the little excess fat removed and breast fixed, but I watched a actually cosmetic surgery for this and got real nervous. It is leass pain, but to have a doctor tell what is wrong with my body got to me. I also have to think, if I am going to get pregnant, it does not make sense to tuck my tummy. When I will just have to let it out during pregnancy. My breast need to keep the functions normal,for breast feeding. So the surgery is off for now and maybe never. The want is there realy to get my breast back. I am not as flat as a pancake right now. I Look like a four eagg veggie omelet. I use those push up bras as much as possible to give me some shape now. I need to go. I have been sick for three days now. Talk with you later.

06/17/2009 07:02 PM
MIRACLEBABIES

HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER NOW. SORRY I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO WRITE BACK IT'S BEEN CRAZY HERE. SO I TALKED TO A LADY THAT HAD GASTRIC BYPASS AND ATHEN SHE HAS HAS HER BREAST DONE TUMMY DONE AND A LEG LIFT. WITH HER TUMMY TUCK SHE WENT BACK TO WORK IN 4 DAYS. YEAH THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT TOO. SHE SAID SHE WOULD DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN. I AM GOING TO HOPEFULLY HAVE MINE DONE NEXT YEAR. I NEED IT FOR MYSELF. NO ONE ELSE JUST ME. I NEED TO FEEL BETTER ABOUT MYSELF. I HATE LOOKING AT MYSELF SOMETIMES.GIRL DO NOT WORRY GAINING WEIGHT WITH A CHILD, IT WILL COME OFF. I THINK WITH THE TWINS I JUST CAN'T GET OFF THAT LAST 10 POUNDS. SO WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING? I AM JUST A STAY AT HOME MOM I LIVE IN ALABAMA. WHERE DO YOU LIVE? SO GOOD TO HAVE PEOPLE TO TALK TO THAT UNDERSTANDS MY FEELINGS. MY FRIENDS THAT ARE STILL OVERWEIGHT THINK THAT I DO NOT KNOW HOW THEY FEEL BEING BIG. THEY ARE WRONG I HAVE BEEN THERE. I REMEMBER EVERYTHING ALL MY FEELINGS. BUT I CAN TELL YOU I WAS A HAPPY FAT GIRL. I CAN'T SAY I I DIDN'T LOVE TO EAT AND I STILL LOVE IT. HAVE YOU PUT ON ANY OF YOUR WEIGHT BACK ON. ISN'T IT HARDER TO GET IT BACK OFF? I EVEN TRY EATING LIKE I USE TO WHEN I HAD THE SURGERY DONE. HAVE YOU TRIED THE HEALTHY CHOICE DINNERS? THEY ARE GREAT!!! LOVE THEM YOU SHOULD TRY. AND THEY ARE CHEAP. LIKE LESS THAN $3.00 PER MEAL. GIRL I CAN HANDLE THAT PRICE. I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT MONEY. I THINK WE HAVE STRUGGLED OUR WHOLE MARRIAGE. AND GIRL IT'S NO EASIER WITH 3 KIDS NOW. ESPECIALLY TWINS. WE HAVE HAD TO GIVE ALOT OF THINGS UP. BUT FOR MY KIDS I WOULD DO ANYTHING. HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL FOR YALL.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved