MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/29/2012 09:43 AM

Suggestion for finding motivation to excercise

thyme4me
thyme4me  

I am a pastry chef so i am on my feet and running around a big kitchen for 8 hrs, so when my doctor said to me to lose 15 pounds before my surgery, and add excercise 15 to 30 mins a day. Cut out soda and chocolate. Said to myself sounds easy, I can do that. well...i have accomplished the no diet soda for 8 days now, I havent even "tasted" the dessert we make daily, which in itself is a challenge, and I havent had my nightly snack of dark chocolate, but what im finding is that Im having a hard time finding motivation and energy to excercise everyday. Weighed myself today and found Ive gained 5 pounds. That just put me in the dumper mood and the flood of negative thoughts came through. Help...Any suggestions on finding the energy and motivation to move after work?Dizzy

04/29/2012 11:53 AM
Debbora

Be encouraged!! If I can do it so can you!!! It's was super hard to start . I am a pre op patient and had to loose 20 lbs. I am a stay at home mom with four kids two are special needs. So far I've lost 30lbs. Stop eating after 430. Develop a love affair with water and crystal light. Cut salt out as much as possible. Get up 20 minutes early just to laps around the house. Start of small. I lost my first 3 lbs doing this. Cut your starches in half . Whatever you do don't give up. Find support meetings to attend after work. Meet face to face with people with similar issues it really helped me a lot . Please don't give. YOU can do it.

04/29/2012 04:35 PM
mem3431

What great ideas, Debbora! I know it's hard, but you can do it. Just think, in the end it will all be worth it!!! When is your surgery date?

04/30/2012 05:20 AM
bobbibee

My doctor has all his patients do a liquid diet (Optifast) for 2-3 weeks before surgery. As for exercise, do you have a place to swim? I love swimming and it's more relaxing to me than other forms of exercise. I always feel great afterward and sleep like a stone.

04/30/2012 06:54 AM
thyme4me
thyme4me  

Thank you all for the great ideas and wonderful encourgagement, my surgery date is set for the beginning of sept. I have developed a love for crystal light, especially the cherry pomegranate. Getting rid of starches, very good idea. I dont plan on giving up, this is way to important to my future health and being here for my 3 children.

04/30/2012 05:14 PM
Debbora

My favorite crystal light is raspberry lemonade. I've come a long way from my 4 to 6 64 oz coke colas daily. They were not diet either.!!!! But I thank God I was able to stop (: I am completely caffine free. I am soda pop free!! LOL

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved