MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/29/2012 08:42 AM

HELP 1 month post op

patsuch0620

Hi there! I am 1 month post op and am feeling great, well, kinda. I went in for my 2 week check up and I was down 15 lbs. Awesome right? Well yesterday I went in and I had lost .4 of a pound in 2 weeks. I am completely devastated and feeling like failure. I am doing everything that the doctor has told me to (protein, vitamins, water, exercise)and yesterday he told me to stop being so over-dramatic.

Did I just completely destroy my body for something that isnt going to work?

03/29/2012 10:21 AM
JustmeJen

You could of hit a platue, I did, but reading here and listening to the gals that have been through this a bit longer helps. Plus don't weigh your self at home right now, but do take your measurements, you still could be losing inches. If the Dr wasn't worried , you try not to be, I didn't think I was losing fast enough and now I am about 10 days ahead of you, this week 7 pounds dropped off, so it is still not gonna happen to fast, I have found at least. Will be sending good thoughts your way, and no this wasn't for nothing think of all the health benefits you have gotten. Hang in there and keep reading the boards your not alone!

03/29/2012 01:00 PM
DefChick
DefChick  

Hi Pat...We see success stories with gastric bypass and think the weight will just melt off... and for some lucky people, it does. I had my surgery in November, the first month I lost 20 lbs... and in the last 4 months, Ive lost another 28 lbs... I will literally go weeks, without any loss.. then lose a pound a day for 4 or 5 days... its wacky!!! I know how frustrating it can be. You feel like you have given up everything, changed your life, all for nothing.. but that is stinkin thinkin!! You ARE losing, it might be slow, it might be hard, but its in the right direction and thats what matters. In the meantime, you are learning healthy habits that will last you a lifetime. I know some days, its hard.. but try and be positive about it.. you made this difficult decision so you can be healthy, and your doing that... BIG HUGS to you Smile

03/29/2012 02:52 PM
goldc95
goldc95  

Hi everyone,

My name is Chris. I am schedualed for surgery April 23, 2012. I am confident things will go well.

Congradulations to all of you whom have already taken this path to a new beginning.

chris.

03/29/2012 03:11 PM
mandy3742
mandy3742  

Hello Chis Smile Wish you the best of luck. Sure all will go well. It isnt always easy.. for sure... but it has been sooo worth it. Despite issues ive had recently... i would still do it all over again. I am soo much healthier and happier than i was a year and a half ago. Smile Hope you keep us all posted on your progress. Smile

03/29/2012 05:39 PM
MizJosie

I had my surgery Feb 16, 2012, the road getting there was a process but well worth, the surgery and even after is worth it.. Good Luck, wish the best for you !

03/29/2012 07:12 PM
VaginasaurusRex
VaginasaurusRex  

I am so glad to know I am not the only one who has this issue. I am 2 months post op and have found that I doubt myself many times. I have faith that it will all work itself out but sometimes it just so hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck and keep your head up. Your doing great!

03/29/2012 08:01 PM
mem3431

How fast did you lose weight before? "Normal" people lose a pound a week (average) and that's considered great--so why are you upset you "only" lost 15 lbs? Your body will need to adjust to the loss, sometimes it's fast and sometimes slow. It also depends on how much you need to lose, how old you are, if you're man or woman, and how active you are. Don't stress!! Take your measurements and a photo (once a month) and you'll see the changes happen without the scale.

I'm so happy to see so many new faces on the board offering encouragement. Smile I saw a phrase today that reminded me of many major milestones in my life:

I'm not telling you it's going to be easy ... I'm telling you it will be worth it.

Remember why you had this surgery--the results will be worth it!!!

HUGS!

04/01/2012 04:27 PM
mnncoop

Dont be discouraged. ANd this site will help. I am 6 weeks post op and have lost 40lbs. I too went thru 10 days with losing nothing. Then once it started I lose anywhere between 2-4 lbs a week. I used a calorie counter my fitness pal to track what I was eating and saw that I was eating about 700 calories a day. And knew that at some point if I only ate that much I would have to lose. Just remember to make the right choices. Good Luck to all and thanks for all your post, It makes me realize I am not alone

04/01/2012 09:13 PM
mem3431

I love myfitnesspal.com Great site, it's free, and not covered with a bunch of ads. Keep reading through old posts to see what is "normal"...you'll be surprised! We all go through the plateaus. Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved