MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/28/2012 06:28 AM

year and half post op... stomach pain / nausea

mandy3742
mandy3742  

I am falling apart. Started having some extreme stomach pain about 6 weeks ago... kept trying to ignore it thinking it would go away. Everytime i eat... i feel sick.. but i cant throw up. sharp pain when i eat. constant burning pain whether i eat or not. finally going to see the doctor tomorrow.... I dont know what i have done. lil bit scared. this all started after i drank a lil too much wine with friends one night and got very sick... been hurting ever since.... 6 weeks!!!! Anybody else had this happen? any ideas what could be going on??? my best friend who had bypass 5 years ago thinks that i have depleted all the good bacteria from my stomach and that is what is causing it.. but i dont know. I am just miserable right now. Sad

and btw still no clue on those dizzy spells and blackouts... I AM FALLING APART at the seams lately. HELP!

03/29/2012 06:56 AM
bobbibee

I haven't heard of anyone having these issues. I am so sorry you're going thru this. Please let us know what your doc says. I'm curious of course and I hope they can get to the bottom of it. Please tell your doc that you have checked in with this group and that we all have different surgeons and no one else suffers from this. That should give them something to consider.

03/29/2012 01:18 PM
mandy3742
mandy3742  

well update... just got home from the doc office... aparently i have an internal hernia... probably caused from the vomiting ... nice.... Sad I am scheduled for surgery monday morning Sad

03/29/2012 05:36 PM
JustmeJen

So Sorry, will be thinking of you and hopefully you will heal fast.

03/29/2012 07:39 PM
mandy3742
mandy3742  

thanks. lil bit nervous... but ready to not hurt anymore. Smile

03/29/2012 07:42 PM
mem3431

I'm glad they figured out what is wrong and that it's repairable. Good luck and check back in!!

03/29/2012 09:46 PM
DefChick
DefChick  

Best of luck!!! Let us know how it goes.. I am particularly interested as I , too have a hernia.. well, let me revise that... I have a hernia that became an abdominal rupture.. my whole stomach wall split, the muscles have spread and I am waiting til November before I can have my surgery 1 year past Gastric Bypass)... I dont know anyone else who has had this happen to them, Ive been living with the hernia for about a year and a half and the rupture since Feb. Good luck!!!!!

03/31/2012 10:47 PM
tinkerbabe87
tinkerbabe87  
I'm an Advocate

good luck hon, hope you get better soon, I was having the same problem and it went on for about 2 or whatever months and when I got to the doc he ran all kinds of tests trying to find out if it was a hernia or ulcer or if it was something else, well it wasnt a hernia nor an ulcer it was my gallbladder that was acting up which is normal for people who have GBS. so a wk later they removed it. I still get problems but not like that thank heavens. your in my prayers hon.

04/01/2012 05:03 PM
mandy3742
mandy3742  

thanks. Well we know it isnt my gallbladder... had that taken out about 4 years ago. Sooo nervous about tomorrow. Hoping he can find the problem. He said he wont know for sure if it is a hernia or not until he gets in there. Having exploratory surgery... and if they find the problem he will repair it. Thanks for all the well wishes.... i could use all the prayers and good thoughts i can get. I will update as soon as i can.

04/02/2012 06:02 AM
bobbibee

Best Blessings to you. I know it will be fine and you will feel great again.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved