MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/21/2012 08:31 AM

I so need a kick in the fanny(page 2)

tinkerbabe87
tinkerbabe87  
I'm an Advocate

You all are right the surgery is a tool that the doctors gave us to help guide us on the weight loss since we cant loss it on our one through hard work by watching what we put in our mouths and how much we exercise. you mentioned the mental side to the eating that could effect why our habits coming back and why we need to remember what was going on in the past that we are subconsiously thinking about. Thinking back to when we started getting bigger to figure out what was the cause. well for me I haved always been big and my family has always been my major problem and I already go to counciling. but I have the same problem where I tend to crave sweets late at night and I end up finding something and eating it and come morning I realize I had ate it and I feel so bad over it.

03/21/2012 04:45 PM
mem3431

Do you eat a lot of sweets at night? Have you tried brushing your teeth when that craving comes on? Sweets taste yucky with toothpaste mouth. Smile

Also, try having a nice hot cup of tea (without caffeine).

If you just limit yourself to just a little bit of sweets at night, I wouldn't feel guilty. That's the nice thing about the surgery, you can have it, just a tiny bit.

You are craving at night probably out of habit. So, change your night ritual a bit and see if that helps. Keep your hands super busy (maybe get on the forum at night and type in your journal). That way, your hands won't be bored and your mind will leave you alone.

Have you had any more time outside for walking or jogging? The weather is getting so nice here in Florida. I hope you are as lucky.

03/21/2012 05:58 PM
tinkerbabe87
tinkerbabe87  
I'm an Advocate

ish lol for me its more on the sunflower seed aspect but yet I also keep fruit next to the bed too. but then I do have the sweets at night. I have tried the brushing the teeth when the cravings come on, so when you do end up shoving something in your mouth it tastes nasty, but it honestly doesnt bother me lol. I dont know why that is. I do agree with the tea. the tea works for me. I had some time outside today not a whole lot, its getting a little better out, its warming up, so YAY. I am hoping to be out and jogging tomorrow. Just gotta watch out for the snow LOL, I am a major clutz my luck Id end up in it.

03/22/2012 08:00 PM
mem3431

I'm a clutz too. Smile My mom always picks on me about it. haha I have night cravings, too. And if you can find the generic animal crackers that are chocolate, they really do the trick!! You can have a handfull and they aren't too many calories. Love them!!

Like I said, we aren't able to eat a lot, so don't feel guilty endulging in some sweets now and again. You still aren't even close to hitting 1200 calories. Before surgery, I think I was putting in 2500-3500 calories a day. Sad So, just don't feel guilty. Small bites, it's okay. Smile

03/22/2012 09:35 PM
tinkerbabe87
tinkerbabe87  
I'm an Advocate

you know you are AWESOME. yeah I still get picked on over the clutz factor lol. but hey I laugh about it. I have some generic animal crackers lol that I bought yesterday so you mentioning that today is funny. they are lightly frosted and they are in the sugar range that they want me in now. they upped me to 10 grams instead of the 5 grams pre serving. but these are only 8 and I LOVE em. HE HE. I have a few cookies here and there through out the night and they satisfy me.

03/26/2012 04:53 PM
mem3431

Yay! They are good. I like the frosted ones, too. And like I said, I found chocolate flavored ones the other day. yum. They are also a bit "dry", so that makes me have to drink water, which makes me full. Good stuff. Smile

You should consider keeping food out of the bedroom. Bedroom is for sleeping or sex...not food. Wink Go in the kitchen for that! (Oh, I better behave....)

03/26/2012 06:29 PM
tinkerbabe87
tinkerbabe87  
I'm an Advocate

LOL its okay your right tho, thats basically what the room is for is for sleeping and for sex LOL. for me I have things in here that I shouldnt have, I got a TV, snacks, books, all kinds a junk. BAD TINA. geez time for a bedroom makeover big time LOL.

03/28/2012 06:09 AM
mem3431

TV and books are okay, I suppose ... as long as they aren't snack triggers. We have a tv in our room, but I never watch it. My husband is the tv addict. Smile Sometimes I pop in the Cat Sitter DVD and my cats sit on the bed while I shower. They love it!

03/28/2012 07:27 AM
tinkerbabe87
tinkerbabe87  
I'm an Advocate

LOL I never heard of that show before. my cat I swear has ADD, she doesnt stay focused on one thing longer then like 2 minutes. but I have seen her watch tv before which I thought was cute, and when she gets something in her mind she doesnt stop until she gets it done, or gets in trouble, but then she still keeps going after it LOL. but for me I live in such a small apt its harder to spread things out around the house to make it where things arnt in the room.

03/29/2012 08:10 PM
mem3431

They have Cat Sitter DVD's on Amazon. It's just fast clips of birds, squirrels, mice, things like that. It's like a nature video for humans, but for cats ... lunch!!!! They just flutter about the screen and chirp, so dang fun to watch the cats paw at the tv. Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved