MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/10/2012 02:09 PM

exercise tips

tinkerbabe87
tinkerbabe87  
I'm an Advocate

Hi everyone. I am on my 7th month after gastric Bypass. I so need some exercise tips, my belly is getting smaller but my butt and thighs are not, I love walking and etc but it dont seem to help on that thought anyone know anything that can help tighten or however you wanna put that? I have a lot of breathing problems and I dont know what I can do to make it easier to lose weight or to help tone everything, I wanna try running but im afraid of the jiggly aspect and thinking that ppl are going to laugh at me as they drive by me or something and I then talk myself out of it. Any suggestions? I really need some motivation and some ideas, I dont have anyone who will go walking with me or anything like that any more which sucks. Can someone be my motivator?

01/10/2012 06:18 PM
mem3431

Can you use the wii or a DVD? I know that's hard if you aren't able to motivate yourself. I love going to Curves--do you have one near you? It's for women only. They will motivate you and cheer you on. The circuits are as easy as you need. I don't recommend them if you are used to working out and in pretty decent shape because it will seem too easy. But, it's perfect for beginners, older ladies, even pregnant. It's a 30 minute workout with a good stretch at the end. If you have more than one Curves in your area, find one with Smart Curves--those have computer analysis that track how well you do on your workout. It can be pricey though (but not any more than a normal gym membership). I went there for 3-4 months and then couldn't afford to pay $50 a month anymore, so I haven't been in awhile. I can tell a big difference because my body is jiggly like you said. Curves gave me enough of a workout that I stayed nice and toned. You'll just have to get past the trainers bugging you about diet and weight--my trainers say that same crap so much, they couldn't get it through their head that I didn't need to lose weight and couldn't follow their nutrition guidelines. lol

If you're on a budget, get yourself a rebounder (mini-trampoline). I have friends that swear by that thing. Work yourself up to bouncing for 20 minutes a day--it will take some time to work up to that. Supposed to be easier on your joints than running. You can get them for as low as $35 from Walmart, and then there are fancier ones. You don't need anything fancy!!! One guy I know bounces naked, in front of a full length mirror (how crazy!!). It motivates him because he can see his trouble spots, and his good spots. I recommend underwear and a bra for jigglies!! Wink But hey, whatever works, right!

01/11/2012 09:36 AM
tinkerbabe87
tinkerbabe87  
I'm an Advocate

Yeah I am on a major budget which sucks, my husband has been out of work for a lil over 4 months now and we have been helping over at my dads wrecking yard just to be able to make our monthly bills and etc. My husband and I have been looking into getting one of those mini tramps. The place where we looked I couldnt figure out the price of the stinkin thing but now that I know walmart has em too I am going to see if I can get it there. I have a jump rope and realized yesterday I forgot how to use one lol I LOVED using them when I was in school now that I have been out of school for 6 yrs and etc I dont know how to time it right, I know I am WAY out of shape lol oh well. we are wanting to get into going to a gym (my hubby is overweight too) and its like 77 dollars for 3 months membership which isnt bad because its unlimited you can go any time and work out as long as you want which is pretty kewl. I am hoping I finally get my SSI so I can start affording things again this sucks.

01/11/2012 04:09 PM
mem3431

Jump rope sounds like a blast!! Get a hula hoop, too! It will be like first grade all over again. Weeee!!! Smile

01/12/2012 09:22 AM
mem3351

Everytime I used to do jump rope in school, you could guarantee I would miss time the jump in at least once and end up getting laughed at Smile

01/13/2012 04:19 PM
tinkerbabe87
tinkerbabe87  
I'm an Advocate

yeah i had been down that road but I was also really good at it too that they would want me to do those jump a thon things but I didnt think I was good enough to do em. I really need to get back into the swing of things again tho. UGH.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved