MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/07/2011 06:01 AM

did something not so smart...

Shaunalynn
Shaunalynn  

Last night I was peeling the bread part off of an egg roll for my daughter and then I ate the inside. I've done this a million times, so it was mostly just automatic. I didn't really even think about it.

Now... it's several hours later... I didn't get sick. I didn't throw up. I had a tiny tiny bit of cramping in my stomach area, but that's it.

Is it safe to assume that everything is okay and my pouch dealt with the shredded meats/veggies okay? Not that I'm going to rush off and do it again, that was sort of scary wondering if I had hurt myself.

PS - I'm in the soupy diet phase - Day 9 post-op.

10/07/2011 08:37 PM
mem3431

You're okay. Try to keep from slipping up again. Just to be safe. Glad your pouch didn't get to angry. Smile Don't make a habit of it, get back on track and follow the stages.

10/07/2011 09:21 PM
bobbibee

Like Justbeachin said; you're ok, don't do it again. You were lucky not to get sick. That would have been my fear.

10/08/2011 06:54 AM
mem3351

You have been very fortunate. I think I would put it down to luck more than anything else and stick to your diet sheets. Some people don't get sick by eating more solid food more quickly than they suggest, so you may be one of the lucky one's that will get away with hardly any sickness.

However, you would also be stretching your pouch too early. Which means, if you ignore the advice, you will end up either rendering the surgery non effective or you will just lose weight much slower, as once the pouch is stretched, it can't be tightened again. So, I would personally stick to the advice

10/09/2011 09:21 AM
Shaunalynn
Shaunalynn  

Thank you everybody. I do, indeed, consider myself lucky to have had no ill effects from that particular slip up.

I have another week and a half on liquid/puree foods. Then I get to start adding some soft foods. So far I'm doing well with this, though.

It is kind of hard when the family is eating fish sticks and mac&cheese... and I'm sipping protein shakes. Oh the cravings... but I'm not going to push my luck. I'm going to stick to the liquids and wait it out.

10/09/2011 08:57 PM
mem3431

You can also work on adjusting your family's diet. It doesn't need to be as strict as your own, but you can work on adding veggies and fruit. Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved