MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/23/2011 07:52 AM

Stuck weight??

kbadelm

Lost 14 pounds week 1. Lost 0 pounds week 2. Whats up with that??Sad

06/23/2011 12:42 PM
mem3351

You shouldn't know what the loss is weekly! Please don't turn this process into an obsession. The laid down advice by the medical council is that you should weight yourself approximately every 6 to 8 weeks post surgery. I had my surgery in April 09, and I have been weight 8 times since then.

It's always best to use the same scales, and the way the surgery works, sometimes you will gain weight and not move due to water retention. It's nothing to worry about, But if you keep weighing yourself, it will end up driving you crazy, and even worse, make you worry. And it's pointless.

Honestly, ditch the scales for now, weigh yourself next in a month. Not only will you be motivated more with a higher loss, compared to the off lb here and there, but also, it will keep you sane!

06/24/2011 06:50 AM
mem3431

I agree with Bailey! Also, your body will slow down once in awhile to adjust itself. For me, it happens every 20 lbs. Just keep following the plan and you'll be fine. Smile

06/29/2011 12:55 PM
blondeblu74

I was just having similar thoughts on this myself, I had surgery 4/19/11 lost 50lbs in the first 5weeks (averaged about 10lbs/week) and now I have only lost 5 lbs since 6/6/11 what gives???

06/29/2011 01:01 PM
kbadelm

Bailys right. I stopped obsessing over the scale and concentrated on getting on with life. I'm three weeks out. I have no pain, I have energy and my clothes are starting to get really loose. I don't have anything to complain about. I did cheat once and ate something I wasn't supposed to. My body corrected that situation very fast, if you know what I mean. Oh well, lesson learned!!

06/30/2011 06:01 AM
mem3431

Always remember, you didn't put the weight on overnight--it won't come off overnight. There will be plateaus. When the scale is getting you down, take your measurements. You will see the progress there. Smile

07/01/2011 12:45 AM
mem3351

Well said JB, and Ken, well done, I am glad you saw the light and stopped obsessing.

The weight is going to come off, it's pure science really, if you stop eating 4000 calories a day and exercise more, it will come off. Simple. If you try and cheat, and still have high fat foods, and don't exercise, it won't. It's basic common sense.

The surgery is the start of a change of life, but it won't solve everything on it's own. You need to help the process. You need to exercise, you need to change your life, start new things, start a new hobby, walk and don't drive. If it's only one flight of steps, use the steps, and bin the lift or escalator.

It's really hard, I do understand, and it took me 3 months to settle into the new life. But I am so glad I did

07/06/2011 04:02 AM
btice
btice  

I'm tracking my weight on well living... it helps to see the pattern on a graph... every 10 pounds or so... I seem to hit a snag.... then it goes again. The biggest problem I have is the constipation... how can anyone expect to loose pounds when the pounds decide to become a log and stay with you! Seriously... yesterday I was thinking this is a lot like having a baby... today I'm off to purchase some ground flax seed... But I'm happy... I hit the slow down and work it out.... lost 67.5 since April.... Sugery was May 17th and the pre-surgery diet took off 26... so it's 41.5 since May 17th... go me!!

07/06/2011 05:32 AM
mem3431

Smile

07/08/2011 05:49 PM
laundrychick

Good for you!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved