MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/02/2011 05:07 AM

Finally Have a Date for Surgery!

Starbright81sjv
Starbright81sjv  

I finally after so many years of trying to find the funding, have a date for surgery! May 23, 2011! I never actually thought this day would come, so now that it has I am so excited but also terrified!

I want this so much, but im scared about the "what ifs". Im still going to do it, because regardless of the "what ifs", I know that I need this in order to be healthy and lose the weight!

Hopefully all will go well!

03/02/2011 11:30 AM
mem3351

Hi,

Well done for finally getting a date, you must be relieved and scared, all in one Smile I am sure it is more of a relief though, because it's taken you a while to get this far.

You will be fine, honestly. Put it this way, if they were nervous about you having surgery, they wouldn't suggest you have it. No surgeon is wanting to cause problems or undertake tricky surgery unless they have to, so, there is no way they would agree to do it if they were not sure they could do it

There are lots of posts on here now on the surgery, what to expect and what not to expect.

You will start your pre surgery diet around the start of May then, and even though it seems a long way off, it will come around very quickly.

If you think of any questions, pop them into the pre surgery forum, I am sure we can help Smile xx

03/02/2011 06:53 PM
TITASBACK11

IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU I CANNT WAIT FOR MY DATE I STILL HAVE TO LOOSE 30/40 LBS

03/03/2011 10:40 AM
Starbright81sjv
Starbright81sjv  

Thanks for the support! I messed up on my post! My surgery date isn't in May its March 23. So in about 2 1/2 weeks. I am terrified! I have waited so long for this day! I am also frustrated cause now that I have a date, people are constantly telling me all the stuff that I have to do and things I should and shouldn't do. I wouldn't mind so much but the only person who knows kind of what to expect is my husband, he had lapband about 5 years ago. But nobody else in my life has a clue, and they keep telling how its going to be. I am so sick of people telling my how hard its going to be. I know it is and I am willing to do it, I would just love some positive reinforcement!

@TITASBACK11 - keep working at it! I have waited about 4 years to finally get this far, and the relief of finally getting a date is so worth it!

03/03/2011 12:47 PM
Sunsu71622
Sunsu71622  

Just stay strong and true to yourself! I'm happy for you

03/03/2011 02:05 PM
Bobbibee

Star; this is NOT hard. It's easy. Your body will work with you as you go. It's your headset that must change but believe me, your body will help it do that. I'm sorry you have such negativity around you. Congrats on the date. Keep with us. We can all help eachother thru these changes.

03/04/2011 06:10 AM
hollita

Good for you!!!!Smile I know them feelings and you have to remember adding into the what ifs, just think what if I dont have this done??? Ofcourse lots of doc instructions to follow before and after but it will all be worth it once you see a healthier you!!! Good luck!!!Grin

03/04/2011 05:19 PM
TITASBACK11

march 23 oh thats so good

03/04/2011 06:45 PM
mvolk

It is so worth the wait. I had my sugery done on Feb 14th 2011 and i cant tell you how happy i am that i did it. i had my 2 week post op appointment yesterday and i have lost 20 lbs. from the date of my surgery.I have been walking 1 mile everyday and my knee is not bothering at all. So unless they have walked a mile in your shoes the dont have a clue what is best for you. Stay strong dont let peoples negativity get you down.

03/05/2011 04:38 AM
blazyn
blazyn  

I have to agree with what Bobbi said - about it all being in your head.

I only had my surgery 14 months ago tomorrow but it feels like it's been ages, or at all. I had the surgery to overcome my medical problems, and now that those are all in my past, I'm working on becoming as healthy as I can be by working out, running, etc. It's getting hard for me to remember back to the early days, but I know for ME, it wasn't hard because I knew what I wanted and wanted to BE and what I didn't want to be anymore. So while the process can be grueling, all-in-all, it is a short process that will set you up for the rest of your life.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved