MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/19/2009 08:48 PM

The PAIN! (help)

misseskite
misseskite  

oh my lord.

i went into the ER yesterday after suffering from pretty significant upper abdominal pain.

after an ultrasound they said it appeared that i had sludge in my gallbladder.

they released me saying it wasnt bad enough to perform emergency surgery but to follow up the next day with my primary doctor for a more in depth ultasound to find if i had gallstones.

as it is right now they've got me on pepcid/percocet-apap/and something for nausea. i can barely eat anything--even though i'm starving. every time i eat i'm in pain. my stomach is stuck out so far that it looks like i'm pregnant and i feel like i'm full of gas.

even though gas x wont make it go away.

has anyone else been through this? im so worried i'm going to need surgery.

help!

10/15/2009 07:07 AM
KerryByrom
KerryByrom  

they should of also told u to avoid eating fatty foods like cheese cakes crisps as this can make it worse as the gall bladder is there to help break down these fatty foods. i now have had my gall bladder removed but i still remember the awful dull pain and i hope this helps ease the pain good luck.

12/15/2009 04:28 PM
littlebopeep1
littlebopeep1  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

KerryByron, I had just had mine removed 4 weeks ago..And let me tell you I feel 100% better than I did before. I had too stay away from fatty foods and spicy foods...I am telling all of you it feel just like having a heart attact..

Need to talk please feel free and pm me anytime...

Maryanne

06/30/2011 02:14 PM
rhi23

i have also just been diagnosed with gallstones and am waiting for an appointment to see surgeon. I get 2 severe attacks twice a week and have the constant pain around my middle, its awful. I have a 10 week old son and a 3 year old daughter its awful living in pain like this with children to enjoy and look after. |I take flax seed tea (boiled flax/linseeds) and drink lots of apple juice to soften stones and have cut out all fat. I am so depressed and although i don't want the surgery i just want this pain to go away!

07/15/2011 05:20 PM
ZadieBlue
ZadieBluePosts: 4583
Group Leader

Hello, my name is Zadie. I had my gallbladder removed approximately 4 months ago. Tests could not reveal what they actually found when they removed it -- the organ was swollen and was stuffed with gallbladder mush.

There is always the risk of having a gallstone get stuck in the bile duct connecting the gallbladder to the pancreas, but I believe it would be easier and possibly more dangerous if this gallstone mush got stuck in there -- I would assume it could go all the way through to the pancreas, an organ you don't want to mess with.

It's a matter of time for most people with stones, so IMO I'd go ahead and have someone refer you to a surgeon. But this is just advice, I'm no doctor.

As a Group Leader in this forum, feel free to PM me anytime should you have any concerns. I will be posting the official forum rules within the next few days.

Please keep us posted!

Cheers,

Zadie

Post edited by: ZadieBlue, at: 07/15/2011 05:24 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved