10/12/2008 10:40 AM

Gallbladder surgery

Godzilla1

Ermm Has anyone had their gallbladder out and

still having trouble afteward?

09/02/2009 12:48 PM
cherokeef34
cherokeef34  

its only been 6 days so far my stomach grrr with gas sounds what else happens?

10/28/2009 08:38 PM
vickiem1124
vickiem1124  
VIP Member

yep me its the fatty food diareah thing its common in some people

10/28/2009 08:40 PM
vickiem1124
vickiem1124  
VIP Member

oh yea I joined this group to answer your question

12/15/2009 04:30 PM
littlebopeep1
littlebopeep1  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Yes all of the above..The pain is really bad and I don't wish this on anybody.....

12/15/2009 04:31 PM
littlebopeep1
littlebopeep1  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Yes I have weeks ago along with getting a Herina fixed as well...

maryanne

07/31/2011 07:31 PM
Booker78
Booker78Posts: 12

Mine was outpatient but yes after I finally woke up besides the pain medicine I had to have an Ice pack. Not sure if I actually had gall stones or what. Basically my Doctor discribed the bile in my gall bladder as SLUDGE and told me it was only doing 3% of the work it should be doing. Think he said it should be doing 30% of the work. Kept burping for about 2 days. Laying down was painful for a few days..had to learn a new way to lay down w/o causing some killer pain.

Other then that the only issue I had was since I also have Pancreatitis I went back into the hospital for about a week 9 days after I had the Surgery. Basically from when they moved the organs around it caused me to get another attack from what the Doctor was saying. It was Acute around that time. Now it's considered Chronic Panreatits since I've been back in 2 more times after that at the present date.

08/02/2011 07:15 AM
ZadieBlue
ZadieBluePosts: 4547
Group Leader

I got salt bile diarrhea as many people do following surgery, but after 4 months it never went away. I now have to take medicine that comes in powder form -- no matter which beverage I put it in, it always tastes just like paper mâché! It's actually a blood cholesterol medicine, and I have great cholesterol lol!

I also get intestinal cramping. The doctor gave me a temporary prescription for the oddest med: It contains belladonna and phenobarbital. I still often have pain where my gallbladder used to be. The doctor said there's a chance that the duct going from the gallbladder and pancreas could be clogged with gallbladder matter. Sometimes I feel like my pancreas hurts. I'll be seeing my doctor this Thursday. I'm afraid I'm gonna be sent for tests *sigh*

Zadie

08/03/2011 10:40 PM
Booker78
Booker78Posts: 12

Hi Zadie,

I've been told several times where the Gallbladder is but after reading your post it somewhat answers a question. I also get some intestinal cramping from time to time. The question I was talking about is this. You know how when someone loses a limb (arm or leg) the body or brain still thinks it's there...is it possible for the Ghost affect happen with internal parts.

08/04/2011 06:49 AM
ZadieBlue
ZadieBluePosts: 4547
Group Leader

Lol I asked my surgeon about "phantom organ syndrome" but he dismissed it -- but in my experience surgeons want you to think that everything has gone wonderfully, no worries --

I wonder if the intestinal pain you're having has to do with the excess bile (acid) in your system. In most cases (except for mine) it all balances out within 3 months. I do wonder though if any damage is done by this excess bile. I'm taking a (nasty) medication that absorbs this bile, but still have this cramping -- so yes, I wonder about any damage to the lining of the intestine. I'm going back to the doctor today and if I'm ordered into getting a colonoscopy I'm going to throw an adult tantrum ....

Zadie

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved