MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/04/2009 05:44 PM

Finally joined, may post more later(page 2)

grafxbydiane
grafxbydiane  
VIP Member

yes agreed on that big time.

06/16/2009 05:56 AM
sasshley

hey carey...just stopping by to see how things were going. let us know. i've been thinking about ya.

06/17/2009 09:42 AM
blugreen

Thanks Ashley! Things are going okay I guess. We were in Destin last week for 7 days on vacation and it was awesome. It was a much needed break. He did drink there, but not to excess. We were there with his family and everyone had a few a day just relaxing on the beach. He still has himself convinced that he will not ever go out bar hopping and binge drinking again, that he cant afford to after the dui and he has no desire to. But, I still think its only a matter of time even if its a year from now. He also is angry again about the affair and all of that mess and is starting the "don't think I can live with it and stay married to you." Its a vicious cycle that just keeps repeating itself and I don't know if it will ever stop as long as we are together. I wish we could stay together, but there is no way if he cant put the past behind us and stop blaming me. I'm sick of it and have turned my life around, changed for the better, and hate that I still have to be lumped in with what I did 2 years ago. So, who knows what will happen. I'm just hoping that he doesn't go downhill again and get angry one night and go out drinking again. Doesn't seem likely right now at least.

06/17/2009 10:03 AM
sasshley

i think you two getting past this is gonna make it or break it. if he can't find a place where he can forgive you, what's the point right?

06/17/2009 10:05 AM
grafxbydiane
grafxbydiane  
VIP Member

blugreen , It does sound like he was using that as to justify his drinking problem . If it was not that it would be something else to find to blame it on

Post edited by: grafxbydiane, at: 06/17/2009 10:05 AM

06/17/2009 10:48 AM
JuJuZ
JuJuZ  

Hey bulgreen, I agree with diane, if it were not you who he is blaming, it would be something or someone else.

Many people have difficulty being accountable and taking responsibilty for their own behavior. How we view situations is totally up to us, it's not someone elses fault. If someone calls me a name or attacks me in some way, I have a choice of how I will handle and process.

People who continue to blame others are stagnant and living in their past misery. They are most difficult to have any type of meaningful relationship with.

xoxoxo

JuJuZ

Post edited by: JuJuZ, at: 06/17/2009 10:55 AM

Post edited by: JuJuZ, at: 06/17/2009 10:57 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved