When I was little (i.e. less than two), whenever I had anything with any form of nut in it, I would simply spit it up. I also had asthma.
At age two, I was in my mom's office one day when I decided to have a brownie. It had been sitting next to an open jar of peanut butter, and when I took a bite, I spit it out right away because I said I didn't like it. My family then went to the mall a few minutes afterward, where I immediately began vomiting. I lost consciousness, and went into anaphylactic shock. I was given seven rounds of Epi, but it didn't do any good. Luckily, I survived.
After this, my family was VERY careful around me. But I seemed to always be feeling sick. So we went to an allergist, who recommended I get an upper endoscopy (at this time, I was sbout 5 years old). The endoscopy showed I had a disease called Eosinophilic Esophagitis.
Twenty-three endoscopies and one colonoscopy later, I am now fourteen years old. I can have about 30 foods (a "food" includes cinnamon and various gums, such as guar gum). I am wondering if anyone else has this disease. I have eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE), eosinophilic enteritis, and eosinophilic colitis.
Hi - I don't have your exact condition, but I have severe life-threatening food allergies, like you, and am very limited in what I can eat. I just found this video on the internet - MTV True Life: I am allergic to everything and there is a boy in this video who has your diagnosis. It is a great watch - only about 40 minutes long. I could relate to these two kids so well I started crying (and I can't cry because I'll react...)
Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.