MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/27/2011 05:11 PM

First time introduction

freemyspirit

Sad I'm new to this group. I'm having such a bad flare that I literally can not stand being in my body. I've been going to Rheumatologist's for a long time. They diagnosed me with fibromyalgia and mild Lupus or possible mixed connective tissue disease. All I know is I'm in pain all the time and it messes with my head. Do any of you suffer from depression also? I also have spinal injuries which have resulted in a surgery in my lower spine and several bulging disc's in my neck. I just want to be normal. I want to wake up and not feel pain the second I wake up and until I finally fall asleep at night. Because these disease's do not show on the outside, people often do not think anything is wrong with you. I have never had any support from daughter and we no longer even speak. She became abusive to me and took my inheritance from my parents then left me. I don't even get to see my grandson and we were very close. My heart is broken and my body has flared up so bad that I can barely move. I'm sorry that's a lot of info for my first time on this site. I just feel so alone and depressed I just needed to talk to someone. If anyone is out there please talk to me. I would really appreciate it. Thanks

10/27/2011 08:24 PM
jeffinerd
jeffinerd  

Hi !All I can advise is find the drugs that work for you, eat healthy, and drink LOTS of water-I prefer alcohol to put a tweak on the pain, but I know it's no goodSad for me. Plaquinil(sp?) works for my lupus and Cymbalta works for my fybro. I use Tramadol for bad pain days. There is also vit D,B6 and FLax Seed Oil in my daily cocktail. I know it's hard, but if you get your meds right,you may have some good days!Smile In the summer I'm real good. Fall and winter---I have about 4out of 7 good days. I hope things get better for you. Know YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!

10/28/2011 07:01 AM
freemyspirit

Thank you. I got a shot of tramadol when I saw the pain management doctor. Do you have to go to the doctors office to get it, or do they have a prescription for that. It seemed to calm the flare down a bit. My Rheum also has me taking ashwaganda. It was pretty expensive and I can't tell any difference. I'll try your cocktail. It's nice to know I'm not alone.I just can't help feeling like a failure. I know I didn't ask for this disease, but I know people are judging me. Maybe, it's just me. There are some things I just can't do anymore. I've been having a lot of bad days and people who are healthy don't understand. They think I can do something about it. I need some energy and some relief.

10/28/2011 10:39 PM
jeffinerd
jeffinerd  

OH Freespirit! " I just can't help feeling like a failure.....but I know people are judging me....There are some things I just can't do anymore....I need some energy and relief" I have thought and said ALL these things!!!!! It is a horrible place to be- I still go there sometimes. I don't even know me, so how can I explain myself to others???? And how could they understand???? Well, you WILL get to know the new you -even if you change everyday-and so will others.How long have you had to get to know the "new fibro you". I just posted a reply today to stayingstrong about accepting the "new" you. It may not be a "new and improved" you, but it is you none the same!!!! Please look it up and read it. Even if you dont have a "husband" , I think what I wrote is relevant to anyone diagnosed w/a chronic disease.

I have a script for Tramadol 50mg. My rhumy use to have me take mobic, but it wasen't helping with the pain , so she put me on tramadol the start of this year. She told me if I find I want to take more than 2 in one day to call her.Then she usually-about twice a year(spring flare and Fall flare) will give me a medrol pack, which is a steroid-7 pills on the 1st day, 6 on the 2nd day, 5 on the 3rd and so on. I always feel like a hundred dollars when I do those!!!

The "cocktail" is from my DR-and u should tell /or ask urs if it is ok 4 u. I will post the dosages WHEN I fing my med bag-good Lord......HOW do I misplace THAT??? It's HUGE!!!! HA!

Hope I have helped you. And trust me. You are just where you are suppose to be. Maybe not where you WANT to be, but it is what it is, so you might as well learn to enjoy it!

Peace out!

10/30/2011 07:35 PM
freemyspirit

Thank you Jeffinerd. You are a dear, kind person with a big heart. Thank you for just listening to me. I thought about what you said;"You are just where you are supposed to be. Maybe not where you WANT to be". You are absolutly right. I believe in God ,and I believe there is a journey for us all. We may not know our purpose, and that can be the source of a great deal of frustration for some of us. Before I joined this group, I was feeling like I hit bottom. I was contemplating taking my life. I just couldn't see the reason for my existence. I just couldn't possibly see what good I was to anyone like this. I was also feeling the weight of being judged, and the hurt of being abandoned by my daughter. I wasn't asking her for anything. I just didn't have anything left to give her. I'll say it - I had been feeling damn sorry for myself. I had imagined my life to be a completely different way than the way it seems to have turned out. I still don't know what's going to happen to me, but I know that I'm not alone and I'm not the only one facing this unpradictable future. We do have each other and that's something. That's a big deal!! I will be here for whoever needs me, and I hope I will be able to help just as Jeffinerd herd my cries for help and was there for me. Peace out and Namaste' to each and every one of you. Don't be afraid. We can make it and we do have a purpose. We can help each other find it together.

10/30/2011 08:08 PM
fibroforever
fibroforever  
Group Leader

Welcome to the group!

I'm sorry you're going through such a flare. Especially feel bad about your stress/depression. This can really make a flare horrendous! Definitely NOT good on our bodies.

Make sure you talk with your doctor about it. And, are you taking an antidepressant? If you decide to take the Tramadol, just know that some antidepressants don't work well with it. Actually can cause more pain.

You might try adding Magnesium as well.

PLEASE- make sure you talk with your doctor about ALL meds. Even the over-the-counter or Natural/vitamins. Just because they're natural, doesn't mean that they can't or won't interfere with your other medications.

I'm glad you found our group. You're certainly not alone here.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved