MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/24/2010 01:13 PM

I Hate the Holiday Season

Seventeen
Seventeen  

I'm not trying to be a Grinch, but I hate the time from Thanksgiving to Christmas. I'm always getting dragged places and receiving backhanded remarks from family members. They don't like me at all; I should be like every other college girl wearing tons of makeup and being super social and obsessing over a boyfriend and partying according to them. It's bad enough that the weather has turned cold, but now I have to put up with family for the next month. I've told them to back off, but then things only get worse. As in, "You need to do more with your life," to "You're wasting my air!" And that's not even trying to explain the "exaggerated" fibro pain!

Sigh. There's a reason I live a hermit lifestyle, I guess. I'll be sitting at home alone this Thanksgiving because the place my parents go to hates me. It can't be worse than going.

11/24/2010 05:19 PM
annamarie180
annamarie180  

I'm so sorry!

Just come hang out with us Smile we'll keep you company!

11/26/2010 08:28 AM
Seventeen
Seventeen  

I should have. It beats my Thanksgiving day. It was awful. Sad

11/26/2010 11:13 AM
annamarie180
annamarie180  

I'm sorry! What happened?

11/26/2010 12:14 PM
Seventeen
Seventeen  

I went up to Thanksgiving at my parents' friends place. Every year the place is always packed full of people, more so this year because the grandparents there are in not so good shape. I was treated like crap the entire time I was there. The women called me an emotionless bitch and the men called me a lying dyke and the people my age repeatedly shoved me around. They also made fun of my weight ... even though I'm around (edited for the safety of others) pounds now, the lowest I've been since middle school! But no, "Don't eat more than one serving, Porky!" Describing Asperger's or the food allergies to them was impossible. They would wave steak in my face and dare me to eat it! I got a migraine halfway through because of all the commotion and had to spend the rest of the day in bed. My parents reaction was the worst, though. They told me to not be confrontational and tell them to stop since it made them look bad! It was only a couple of weeks ago that my only 'friend' (who's a case manager, it's her job to help me) keeps standing me up on appointments and my mom told me that I should be thankful that anyone would bother to give a half-assed effort for me anyhow! My therapist said the same thing, so I stopped seeing her a month ago. I've already heard loud and clear from high school that I was worthless, but now it's back full force. Sigh.

/rant

Post edited by: Mandieluvsdogs, at: 11/26/2010 05:34 PM

11/28/2010 05:40 PM
annamarie180
annamarie180  

I'm so sorry hun! I hope you catch a break soon!!!

11/28/2010 06:14 PM
Seventeen
Seventeen  

Maybe, but I doubt it. It's rare when I catch breaks.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved