MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/15/2010 06:14 PM

suboxone

sneakysnak
sneakysnak  

is any one on suboxone on hgh? The reason i ask is i hear hgh can help with fibro as well and helps loose weight. i have tried everything out there almost for my weight as i know it makes the fibro worse, but nothing works. Sad

and if i have to choose between the meds, because of cost or if i can be on both. any idea or input?

my doc says he can prescribe the suboxone but wants me to call insurence company to see how much it will be, as most of the meds that have helped me a little are to much for me, my husband has a good job but with kids who need high priced meds, and soooo many doc apts for everyone have trouble making ends meet, so i asked my pharmacy and they do carry it.Laughing

so i guess a lot of the desicion is up to the insuranceSad

09/16/2010 09:56 PM
AutumnSunset
AutumnSunset  

Hi Sneakysnak! You need to help me out here before I can answer one of your questions. What is hgh?

Your doctor is correct about checking with your insurance company. Some companies pay with no problem, others refuse to pay at all.

In my opinion, if I could only choose one medicine to take for my fibro - there is no question that it would be suboxone. It has helped me more than ANYTHING I have taken over the last 10 years. I've been on it for one year now, and am continuing to have great results. It is not a complete wonder drug for me, but it is close. (I still have flares along with fatigue, fibrofog, & insomnia.) My average pain level dropped from about a 7 to 1-2 most days - and I can even throw in several hours of "no" pain!! Tongue

I can definitely understand not wanting to spend a lot for meds, especially if they only help a "little." I guess we all have to save everywhere that we can. But I've also been able to cut back on some of my other meds - saving $$ there. Also, some of the people on it have had some significant weight loss after starting suboxone. I had a little, but not as much as I hoped. Hopefully your insurance company will be favorable toward suboxone. Probably if you try it, you would think it worth the cost. Many of us have!! Tongue

09/16/2010 11:14 PM
sneakysnak
sneakysnak  

hgh is the growth hormone, since those of us who have fibro dont often get the deep regenerative slleep, our growth hormone can be low and some fibro patients find some relief, especially with the fibro fog and fatigue. so i have been trying to do my research to figure out if it might help. but the suboxone is easier for me to get to try first. so hope i can get it in the next few days. Thanks Carla.

Trina

09/16/2010 11:38 PM
AutumnSunset
AutumnSunset  

Thanks, Trina! I did google hgh, and that was what I thought it was. Just making sure. I had not heard of hgh helping fibro. That is very interesting. I'll have to research that a little more. Even on suboxone, I still have problems with fatigue and fibrofog.

I am on several different supplements, and suboxone does not cause adverse reactions with them, or any of my other meds. I will try to check with my husband, who is my go-to guy (pharmacist) for medical/prescription questions, to find out if he is aware of any problems taking both - if you decide to do that. I'll try to get back to you with an answer this weekend.

10/13/2010 11:33 PM
justkeepgoing
justkeepgoing  

Victory,

I also still have fatigue and all that goes with it. The suboxone does not help me with anything except the stiffness and fibro pain.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved