MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/03/2011 07:52 PM

Hi

goinpeace
goinpeace  

Send a PM

Give a Hug

Hi I'm 40 years old and live in Melbourne Australia. I was only officially diagnosed with Fibromyalgia a few weeks ago but have known I have it for some months now. It some ways it's been a relief to finally find out what is wrong with me after years of various pain and issues with no real explanation. I have a wonderful supportive husband but I'm finding working full time almost impossible at the moment and socially it's really isolating. I've found reducing my social activities helps manage work but my friends don't really understand why I keep knocking back invites when previously I was the life of the party. They all say to me well when you're better we'll go out. I guess I'm coming to terms with the fact that I might not get much better then this. I have recently started on Cymbalta and that has helped. And this week I started a pain rehab program with a physio and Occupational Therapist. For the last several months I have been taking lots of supplements and i think this has kept me going and most of the time I remain postive but somedays are really hard and isolating. I'm so glad I've found some online groups that understand where I'm coming from and what I'm experiencing. It's really hard to be told that you look great when you're struggling to walk and hold it all together.

11/04/2011 05:25 PM
davesprettylady

Welcome to the group and to MDJ. I'm glad you found us, but wish you didn't have to. Fibro can be pretty isolating. My fiance has it, for a while it was difficult for me to understand why we couldn't go out to dinner anymore or go to the movies. But we found other ways to spend time with eachother that didn't involve so much movement and stress. Maybe you can try that with your friends? I hope that the new medication and OT helps. <3

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved