MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/20/2009 11:35 PM

Susan Flannery (Bold and Beautiful) has Fibro

summer

"Bold and Beautiful's" Susan Flannery Asks For Medical Leave

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

By Lynda Hirsch

Sep 22, 2007

"Bold and Beautiful's" Susan Flannery (Stephanie) has asked the show for a medical leave of absence. Flannery has been suffering with fibromyalgia. The condition (we know of what we speak) comes and goes and comes and goes -- like a bad relationship.

"Bold and Beautiful's" Susan Flannery Asks For Medical Leave (image: Wenn)

The interconnective tissue ailment is not fatal but has numerous debilitating symptoms. At its worst, "sleep" becomes the sufferers one and only hobby. Every muscle in your body aches, and even gripping a steering wheel or trying to applaud becomes an Olympic event.

B&B has granted Flannery's request. Her flare-up has come at an essential time in her character's storyline. Recasting Flannery even for a few episodes is not an option. So until Flannery returns, B&B will be Stephanie-light. Remember, it is a soap -- so Stephanie can always do her evil behind the curtain.

05/21/2009 12:37 AM
0hCasty
0hCasty  
VIP Member

Too bad we couldn't do our good deeds behind the curtain we might still get paid!~lol

Oh well. I am glad it's getting exposure.

06/02/2009 10:21 PM
summer

I just wish she would speak out on our behalf, wear a t-shirt or mention something in an interview. SOmething....Anything.

06/03/2009 07:44 PM
jmd0214

It would be a good thing for exposure and us. To have the issues we deal with everyday played out in a soap would help others to understand what we deal with instead of blowing us off as crazy.I know it's probably mostly women watching it but women can be mean about things like this too. (I'm female by the way) This mornings Hoda and Kathy Lee show was talking about this very topic.

Of course the people on this website are exempt to my comments they are wonderful.

06/03/2009 08:12 PM
mizilz
mizilz  

wow. isnt that something? i've been trying to find info on the net about celebs w/fibro. i honestly think they don't wanna talk about it and that saddens me. but i hope that slowly but surely it gets more exposure.

06/03/2009 08:18 PM
summer

It has taken me a longtime to find these people. I look all the time. I'm waiting...I know there are more...

06/03/2009 08:31 PM
mizilz
mizilz  

i know it...there has to be more. there's just no way there isnt.

06/03/2009 08:35 PM
summer

Sinead O'conner has it. I e-mailed her, but still have not gotten a response. I might try again. Maybe I'll do it now.

06/03/2009 08:47 PM
mizilz
mizilz  

yes try it again. i'm gonna keep looking for celebs w/it too. good nite now.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved