MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/05/2010 04:49 PM

Disability Benefits Help

lisaa123

Hi, I have found so much helpful information on this website that I wanted to share something I found.

There is a website that has copies of actual letters that people receive from Social Security when they apply for Disability Benefits. It has approval letters, denial letters, information from people who work for disability and stuff like that.

It also has wait times for hearings and stories and so many other things. I thought it might help.

I wish you all so much luck if you are applying for benefits like I am. Hang in there.

The site is http://www.ssdfacts.com

02/05/2010 08:30 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I already have SSDI, but thats a pretty cool site for people looking to apply. Thanks for sharing. Smile

02/05/2010 08:58 PM
jenigood1
jenigood1  

Thanks, Lisaa123! Welcome to the group!

Post edited by: jenigood1, at: 02/05/2010 08:59 PM

03/08/2010 05:01 AM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

The system here in UK is slightly different. Just received a letter for my Disability Living Allowance claim to say that they are requesting more information frmo my doctors. Please pray/ keep everything crossed for me- everyone know, even total strangers say deserve the benefit yet have had to fight so hard for so many years yet still receive no benefits so hoping this time around will be sucessful. Received benefits before married yet ever since marrying hubby 4 years ago who is not in a highly paid job -the British Government took my benefits away from me and have not had them reinstated! Would really appreciate all your prayers that this time

my claim will be successful/justice will be carried out. Many thanks in advance!

Giant gentle hugs, Love the brunette bat girl Clarita Smile xooxooxooxSilly big hugs

03/08/2010 08:08 PM
phire009
phire009  

Clarita,

Will be praying that you will receive it very soon!!!

? why if already have it would they take it away just because married, that's just plain old nonsense.......I think unfortunately your gov, is as whacky as ours LOL LOL LOL

Blessings to you and hubby

Debi

03/08/2010 08:18 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

If you are on SSI here in the states that is a state funded program and it is for low income people with no assets, no money in the bank. SSDI is what you get from what you paid in. If you were to get on SSI as an individual and then get married that would be added income or if your husband got a job or a raise or if you got any other type of income or assets you would no longer be eligible for the state program and would have to go for the ssdi because they count the entire household. When I first applied for ssdi they put through an app for ssi I said it was a waste of time but they said it was mandatory procedure and once I was denied it would go through for the ssdi, I was of course denied on the spot so my claim went through for the standard ssdi.

03/08/2010 08:19 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

03/09/2010 12:30 AM
JenniferPage

Praying 4 U Clarita. I applied for Social Security Last July and I need prayers that I get it. I got on the state, and am grateful for it, but it doesn't cover my 300 rent. I will try the link. Thanx

03/09/2010 02:07 AM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

Jennifer, That has really touched me deeply- that you are praying 4 me even though you are new here- just joined- bless you Jennifer!!

Will most definitely say a prayer 4 U 2!! Can tell already that you are a sweetheart! Sweetheart is a word we use often in Britain to our friends- not just to our loved ones or soul mate- to say you have a good heart. Sweetheart originates from Scotland, too!

Anyway, you take excellent care of you. Praying 4 U big time!!

Giant gentle hugs, Love ClaritaSmile xoxooxox

03/31/2010 11:17 PM
JenniferPage

Wink Yes Clarita. We say it the same way here as U do.LOL

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved