MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/24/2009 11:24 AM

Need to Find a Family Doctor Akron/Canton area Oh

meleggs
meleggs  

Does anybody know of a decent regular/family doctor to see in the Akron/Canton area of Ohio? I have a fibro doctor I like but I have NO regular doctor and we have just moved here from Cleveland.

I'm on some regular meds- one of which is Kolonopin and I don't want to see any doctor that is going to give me crap about meds that are working for me that they don't even have to perscribe.

I've been having some stomach problems and it could be just the stress from the move but it's been going on for a while now and I don't know who to see.

I sure hope someone has a suggestion. If you have a great family doctor and they are in the Cleveland area I'd be willing to do the drive but it would be better to find someone here!!! Thanks everybody!!

09/24/2009 05:21 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi meleggs,

I don t think we ve met before so I would like to welcome you to our group . Smile

I am in Ohio, hon, but a little too far for you to drive for a PCP. I have a great PCP as well as Rhuemy, both believing in Fibro and care about those of us suffering with it.

I wish you luck in finding that particular PCP ~~~

Have you tried the ""Find A Doctor"" at the top of this page ?

Marilyn

09/24/2009 05:30 PM
meleggs
meleggs  

Hi Marilyn- I was in the group more actively a long time ago but things have been busy for me but thanks for welcoming me.

I have a good fibro doctor- I see Dr. Pellegrino- the physician with Fibro. I just wanted a regular doctor for non-fibro stuff.

Actually I called Dr. Pellegrino's office today and they gave me a referral of someone to consider. I hope it's a good match!!

Thanks again- Melissa

09/24/2009 06:06 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi (again) Wink Melissa ~~~

We just like everyone to feel at home here so we welcome them whenever we get the chance ~~~ Smile

I wish you the best in that the PCP you were referred to works out for the best also.

Luckily, I have never had a ""bad"" doctor for anything so I consider myself extremely fortunate when I read of so many here having bad experiences with their medical professionals.

I hope you will stay in touch and let us know how you are doing from time to time.

Marilyn

09/24/2009 06:12 PM
meleggs
meleggs  

NO- I know it's a great place. Prior to returning to work this forum provided tons of support to me. Now that I am working part time and we just moved my energy is zapped a lot. Last night I fell asleep about 9pm and woke up at 8am. Had a flareup as soon as we moved in. I'm finally getting better but like I said my stomach has continued to bother me. That's why I need a regular doc- M

09/24/2009 07:10 PM
HAMPTON7026
HAMPTON7026  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Melissa, nice to see you back!! I can't be of much help that is unless you want to go to the cinti area which would be to far but I wanted to welcome you back and say hello!!

Hugs

Lori

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved