MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/21/2011 11:56 AM

Could use an opinion(page 2)

trixie60
trixie60  

Hey, read your comment, so sorry to hear that your appeal was denied due to ineptness of the lawyers and judge. I know how you must feel, it took me 3 years to finally get my disability, SS took it all the way to the judge and trial. I was never so scared in all my life! just knew the judge would deny me, after all that waiting time. Hang in there, and remember the good stuff. God is watching over you, just have faith in Him taht things are going to turn out okay, and He will get you through whatever trials are in your life. No one can make it through the trials of this earth without our God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob. God Bless! love,Trixie

10/21/2011 12:55 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I'm sorry that you were denied again. Sometimes SS seems like a crap shoot. I hope your appeal goes quickly and your judge is much better this time around!

10/21/2011 01:34 PM
Kestral
Kestral  

It's just obnoxious. They ignored the new evidence from my personal Rheum, and stuck with the recommendations from the old doctors who were the WRONG doctors to begin with!

10/27/2011 10:43 AM
trixie60
trixie60  

I had doctors misdiagnose too, 3 of them. wouldn't even look for RA, just went with first diagnosis of fibromyalgia, yet I had inflammation, red knuckles, lots of pain in hands and wrists and feet. But I went with "Binder & Binder" and they fought for me for 3 1/2 years, finally won the court case, SS took it all the way to a judge and a hearing. The hearing lasted about 20 minutes, I was never asked anything except a couple of questions by my own lawyer. Judge had no trouble approving my disability. Social Security is such an awful hassle. I don't kknow WHO their medical reviewers are, but they need to get their heads out of their butts (excuse that language.Shocked ) and start paying attention. I couldn't even DRIVE to work, as the nearest place was 15 miles one way. Had been on Ultram at that time for 10 years. Thankfully, I had JUST started seeing a new rheum. who BELIEVED me. I know you know how THAT feels. My 2nd rheum. actually wrote in my medical report (I got a copy of it or iw ouldn't have known this) that "Mrs West seems to have a MOOD DISORDER". I've never had a mood problem in my entire life except that I cry easily.

Make sure YOU get a copy of every medical record. okay? You probably know this, but I'm one of the few around here that periodically asks for my own medical records.

take care, things will get better soon.

10/27/2011 03:07 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

it is so very very important for you to have a doctor of your own on your side..I took the approach well hell they can see all the info surely they can see it..but no enless it is in writting in their face they wont know or think for themself,I guess using common sence isnt part of the job..I would encourage you to see a ruemitologist or pain doctor even both

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved