MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/16/2009 11:24 AM

Has anyone tried the medication Savella?

Seventeen
Seventeen  

It was approved for fibro around march, and its what my doctor has just put me on. Anyone had success with savella? Any bad side effects? Savella is also known as milnacipran.

07/16/2009 12:21 PM
hopefull1
hopefull1  
VIP Member

Hi Seventeen, there are quite a few who have tried savella. If you put savella in the search box all of the threads should come up.

12/17/2009 03:29 PM
DebDiamond
DebDiamond  

Hi Seventeen,

My doctor just put me on it yesterday. He said it is better than Cymbalta, which helped me a lot when I used to take it. They didnt have generic when I took it, so it was very expensive. So, I have been taking zoloft since, which is only 1 re-uptake, and Savella has the two. (seritonin & norephinephrin)(sp?)

I would like to keep in touch with you, and please write me anytime, since we can compare things with

Savella. I started taking it right away yesterday.

I have had fibro for a long time now...so keep in touch, and let me know how it helps you...and I will also. Also, I just joined the group. Rest well...

Deb

12/17/2009 04:02 PM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Hi Deb and welcome to the family, it's very nice to meet you. This group is filled with the best people and we all understand each other and what we go through. If you need to vent, feel free. If you have questions, ask away Smile

Just make yourself right at home so we can get to know you!

12/17/2009 04:15 PM
DebDiamond
DebDiamond  

Thanks so much mammy! I will take you up on everything...so, thank you again for your warm welcome....deb

12/17/2009 05:27 PM
lef
lef  

I tried savella, and unfortunately had allergic reaction....so that sucks...hope it works for you! Welcome to the group!

12/18/2009 12:57 AM
phire009
phire009  

Welcome Deb,

You've just joined one of the best groups on the site. At least I think so!!!! All the guys and gals here are caring and compassionate and we're here for you to chat, cry, vent and laugh with. Normally some one is here 24/7 as unfortunately INSOMNIA is one of the nice symptomes of Fibro, Glad you came on but sorry you have to have this demon making it's ugly face known to you....

Pull up a chair and shoot away about any old thing.....

Blessings

Debi

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved